Gamers X: Skyrim
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Entertainment [Nov.'19]
Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:02 pm

I was introduced to Skyrim by my family who *insisted* that I had to buy it because it was so amazing. I've been upset with them ever since because I am now hopelessly addicted! Laughing I'm not sure if this is relevant, or anyone if cares, but I play the PC version.

When I made my purchase, it was a 3 package deal, so I got Skyrim, Morrowind and Oblivion all in one go. As a result, I have no idea what quest belongs to what series. I just kind of travel around and see what I can find. ^_____^

My character is a Wood Elf, primarily of the Archer class, though I'm not adverse to melee fighting if the space requires it. My 2 weapons of choice are a Glass Bow enchanted with Soul Trap and an un-enchanted but smithed-up Ebony Bow. It's funny that I've taken this route because up until now I have *always* been a mage/ sorceress type character in any such game, but I tend to avoid spells unless absolutely required in Skyrim.

So far my favorite quest series overall were the Thieves Guild and The Dark Brotherhood. LOADS of fun to play. And even though I've completed the main quests for both, I still like to go back periodically and grab a job or 6. It's a simple, fun and easy way to make a bit of coin. ^____^

And yes. Shadowmere. Heart I don't ride him half as much as I should, poor thing. But anytime I know I'm going to be going over mountains I take him along. It still makes me laugh to think that he can climb sheer cliffs better than my character can. XD

The Gems of the Crown of Barenziah are driving me a bit crazy, I have to admit. I'm missing about half and I can't remember where I have collected from and where I might have missed them. And it worries me that some of the locations can't be revisited so I'm not sure if I'll ever get that quest completed! >___<

I think I'm going to have to look into the quests of the Daedra lords, Lillie. I'm not sure if I've even touched on that one yet. o3O **makes a mental note to look it up later**

I've recently bought Dragonborn expansion - My niece talked about it so much I had to see what she was going on about. XD
So far I like it well enough. The only part I find hard to play is the Black Book quest series. I find the places you end up in literally hard on the eyes and it makes playing a real challenge, IMO. And the fact that the creatures you deal with there are harder to kill while I'm having a hard time even looking at them.... >____<

Other than that I give the Dragonborn series a two thumbs up! Especially the new mining opportunities. >3>

And Wiki is my best friend too. I'm not ashamed to say I have relied on it to help me through levels when I was stuck and could NOT figure out the solution. I also like to check out some of the Youtube help videos ... usually followed by videos on Skyrim glitches and funny moments. XD

Has anyone here experienced one of the many fabled glitches? One of my personal favorite was when I was battling a dragon that wouldn't actually die. I managed to get a screenie of the stubborn bugger.

You'll notice his health bar is at max -- But I had managed to absorb his Soul and collect everything off his "corpse", but the durned bugger simply refused to die and kept coming after me. I reloaded a couple of times to see if this would help, to no avail. After a quick Wiki-check I decided it was better to go back to an earlier save point and circumvent him altogether, at least for the time being - It turns out this glitch tends to result in a stalker undead dragon that you can't get rid of - Not the kind of thing you want to have following you around when you're battling other creatures!

Another one I witnessed was on my niece's game (she plays on the XBox) while she was going through the Civil War quest - She had just returned to her camp and we came across a horse standing on the back of another horse. We stared a moment, then burst out laughing when the topmost horse was suddenly and inexplicably flung from the other horse's back, much like he had been placed in an invisible catapult! She tuned around to follow where the horse flown to, and there he was, standing right next to her. It was very odd and extremely hilarious! XD

Has anyone else experienced one of the famed glitches, or had a funny incident?

Nen

Nen
Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:45 am
No funny glitches for me yet!! Sadly!

I need to get farther in the game so I can discuss more with you guys!!!

Bahaha that horse glitch aounds hilarious!!!

Ok so... I let my husband play exclusively on weekend since he works all week. Last night to get his pickpocket up to 100 he went around stealing everyone's equipped clothes in rifton. Hard to take the guards lecturing you seriously when they're in their underoos!

Knight of Zantarni
Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:07 am
YAY Tisi! Another girl gamer! XD

Wow, that undead dragon following you around must have been scary. Shocked

As far as I remember, the only gem for the crown of Barenziah that I didn't manage to get in time was the one in the Embassy. I did manage to get in later with a bit of circumvention. Wink

I think you should consult the Wiki for the locations, because there's a very slim chance you'd be able to do it without guidance.

As for the Dadric quests, I found the quest of Sheogorath the most amusing. XD

Nen: Oh geeez, that must have been hilarious! XD

Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:59 pm
I do not think I have done that quest yet, I'll probably find it today and do it.

Most of the pieces of the crown are in the Jarl's places and places that are tied into important people that you encounter, like the BlackBriers. Sometimes the stones will be in the chambers of very tough bosses, like ones that use intense magic attacks. I almost had them all then lost the paper where I written down visited location. XD

The one strange thing that has happened to me is while I was fighting a dragon and eventually killed it, another dragon just fell out of the sky and dropped dead right next to it, bones and all. The awesome thing about that was I was able to obtain BOTH souls. I turned to boyfriend and said "why can't all dragon fights be this easy?"

For me it is hard to play Skyrim because during most of the day I am doing chores, studying for tests, or helping my mom. My dad is very into Call of Duty so by the time I am able to sit down and play, he's on his way home and hoping to spend an hour or two playing. He is probably the hardest boss fight. Laughing
Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:09 pm
Nekkid guards FTW! XD

I've actually seen that done on the Youtube videos, but have never actually done it myself. I'm wondering if I could.... **is sorely tempted to give it a go now, just cause. >_______>
XD

And YUSH Lillie! I've been gaming regularly foooooor, well easily 15 years since I was a hard core Diablo player after my hubby and I were married. I would watch, fascinated, while he played and he finally encouraged me to start my own file. There was no going back after that XD

And if you count Atari on the Tetris (I was a MASTER at it! XD), we can push that date back a decade.

Did I just date myself? >__________>

ANYWHO!.... <__________<

As to that silly undead dragon, I never really gave him the chance to follow me around, but it was frustrating as hell to have him keep attacking after I had defeated him. I was yelling the old cliche at the screen: "WHY. WON'T. YOU. DIE?!?!" Mad
Thank goodness for save points. Razz

Skyrim has, to date, been the very best and most enjoyable game for me. I like the sandbox feature of it all -- No obligations, just go and play as you like. It's a very liberating game in that sense! ^____^

OOH! I was wondering, has anyone here opted to go for the Vampire quest and actually become one? Really early on in my gameplay, I was infected after a battle with some of the buggers and didn't know enough to seek an Altar. It took me the whole Rising at Dawn quest to get rid of it.

But there's still an opportunity and I believe a quest associated with being a full fledged vampire and I'm curious about it.

-edit-

That dragon glitch is *awesome*, Ivy!! Shocked

The closest I ever got was when I exited one of my houses and an elk just dropped dead in front of me. I was all "WTH?! I don't smell that bad! >_>"

LOL @ your dad!! XD

Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:12 pm
I have thought about become a vampire as well, but I read that it is very hard to go into towns while you are a full one because you will be attacked a lot, like the Dark elves.

Potential Spoiler:

I am not sure if this is the same quest but I do know in Dawnstar (might have been in a different city) there is a quest that involves a house being burned down and a mother and daughter dying in the fire. Later on in the quest, the story will take you to a vampires lair where you'll have to fight the leader. If you are lucky enough when you get attacked, they might be able to infect you and you can try it out. I suggest saving before you get too far into the mutation in case it doesn't work out for you.

I have also thought about doing the Companions quest and becoming a werewolf. That is one demon I have not thought about becoming yet, and their fighting style looks really cool! But to me, I've always felt it'll look a bit awkward having my female character turn into a big hairy beast. It's bad enough that I cannot stand my own human hair IRL sometimes, but playing an extremely hairy one in Skyrim... Laughing

Another Glitch I had was the Queen Potema quest, which is also the way you become Thane of Solitude and be able to buy a house. At the very last stretch there are tons of necromancers performing a ritual and I believe you have to interrupt that to stop the Queen from being revived. Well when I made my way to that point, I very carefully snuck up the stairs only to find that all of the witches, necromancers, mages, etc have been reduced to a pile of ash and goop. What I suspect happened is that while I interrupted their ritual, one of them tried attacking me with a long range magic spell and instead hit one of their partners by mistake. So that made everyone believe the other was me and starting waging war on each other this killing themselves.

Oh and FYI almost all of these glitches (or lucky breaks if you wanna call them that) were from my very first play-through. I'm still not certain if it was truly a glitch or if I am just one lucky player.

Tis I would love to fight an undead dragon but I would hope mine actually stays dead. XD

Nen

Nen
Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:45 am
*sips her tea*

Ohhhhh sweet caffeine. Now I can function past this headache!!!!

Im so jealous! I've gotten zero lucky glitches and bugs! My dog sometimes goes invisible... but he still follows me and attacks things and then glitches back into visibility.

I was wondering what those unusual gems were for! Ive got about seven now and make a point to steal them wherever I find them. Also I found meridias beacon or whatever? My husband and I both found ot in different places. Hes already returned it... but then I dozed off like pregnant nen is wont to do and when I woke up he was pointing to this glowy swirly thing saying it was the wolf queen? I dunno! Glad I missed the meaty bits of it so I can play through it myself!

Knight of Zantarni
Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:02 pm
Okay, so after weeks of not being able to install Skyrim on the desktop computer, a broken power supply unit and countless hours of headache later, I have FINALLY managed to install the game. Just in time for the school year to begin. BAH! Sad

I managed to squeeze in an hour and a half of playtime before I'm off to work and I just wanted to brag about my new character. I went totally Argonian on my behind and made a psychodelic version of a mini dragon. Full out red war paint, scars and the rest. XD

I'm really happy with the character thus far, although the locals don't seem to have a lot of sympathy for me. The downside of playing a beast race.

Anyway, that's all, I just had to share my woes with the rest of my gamer girls. Heart

I'll check in and tell you about the expansions, I got all three of them. That's all from me for now. :3

Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:43 am
I'm just here to share my Stahlrim Bow find. I was so excited when I came across it I actually squeed! XD It's now my new baby and I am seriously considering converting this one over to Soul Trap and make it my one and only precious. Yes

Lillie, do you think you could manage to grab us a screenie of your awesome Argonian? o3o

Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:53 am
Two years, and I'm still crazy about Skyrim and still finding new places to explore and new quests to complete.

I'm kind of disappointed I made my character's Smithing skill "Legendary" before he had the chance to work with Stahlrim.

I love hanging out in Solstheim. It's like playing a whole new game! I liked collecting the Black Books and making friends with the dark elves. I was really crushed, though, when I realized that Dragonborn was the final expansion.
LillieRose

Knight of Zantarni
Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:12 am
Screenies don't seem to work for me. Sad

I've managed to play Dawnguard and finish it as a vampire, now I am playing as one of the Dawnguard, can't wait to see how that goes. :3

I've been to Solstheim, haven't explored it that much yet. I'm saving that for later, when I finish Dawnguard.

Haven't even started on Hearthfire yet.

So I've got some Stahlrim weapons to look forward to, eh? XD

Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:36 pm
I totally have not done anything with my game systems in months. They are being very neglected and I feel bad.

I was trying to delete a few of my earlier saves on Skyrim so I have more space for my current game and I ended up deleting ALL OF THEM. So I have to start back from square one and it sucks. A lot of the bosses that I fought, I won because eventually I ran into a glitch where they could not see me even if I was not sneaking. I lucked out.

Knight of Zantarni
Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:54 pm
Needless to say, I haven't touched Skyrim since that last post of mine. The end of the year was just sooooo hectic, I could not breathe from all the things I had to do. *grumps*

Good news is, I'm home alone, bf is off to band practice and I can FINALLY enjoy a good gaming experience. Skyrim, here I coooooome! XD

Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:57 pm
Ive neglected my duties a Dragonborn, Archmage, Harbinger Thane, Guild Master, Legate, husband, and father.

I feel so ashamed.

I havent played since I got Ghosts :/
Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:00 pm
Skryim~

I need to start playing again, but I can't seem to manage to keep a character. I'll start one, get to a point and decide I want another. And since I tend to only run one character at a time, it makes for a lot of restarting. I think my longest running one was my altmer mage who grew a lot of fanon backstory without my input.

When it came out, I actually couldn't play it for a couple of days because I'd gone to the midnight release already feeling terrible. And as I live up in the Frozen Northlands, well, that just made it worse.

I need to play through the Dragonborn expansion like WHOA. I've done it once and ONLY once, and I wanna do it some more so I can find all the fun things!

I draw! Look me up on dA: LainaInverse
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Entertainment [Nov.'19] All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3