Game Lovers Hangout
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Angel Spirit Girl

Long-term Citizen
Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:33 pm
I had a glitch in buying stuff from the minecraft store. I hope things are fixed with that when I get my computer back. I took it to Best Buy since it was giving me the black screen of death from a bad update.
UtterlyWeird

Established Citizen
Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:11 pm
Congrats! I've nearly got the BW2 Christmas event finished, without doing Santa's job for him because I can't do the slippery floor puzzles.

I know! It's so nice not to get stupid panty shots.

You can doit!

Angel girl. Oh no! I hope everything works out.

Saiyouri

Long-term Citizen
Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:42 am
Wow Angel I hope things can be fixed with the glitchy store. Sorry to hear you were affected by a bad update. I heard some people have been hit by the updates messing up their PCs. I hope things can be fixed for you.

Tam- Slippery floor puzzles. So your character slips across floors for the puzzles? Wow that sounds hard to do for sure. I'm glad the ESO events aren't that hard. Might be annoying for some of the holidays but not hard like that.

Seems I might be close to being done with Coldharbour. I just checked 5 more quests including the one I'm on and I'm done with the main storyline. WooT!!

Established Citizen
Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:19 am
Worked my butt off in 'RIFT' earning even currency to get something to put on Weird's staff to make it "festive". Then, after I finally got it, and ONLY then, do they tell me it's only temporary. Guh. Talk about a raging bah humbug moment.

Saiyouri

Long-term Citizen
Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:37 pm
Eww that sucks. I wished something was said sooner that it was temp. I hate temp things. For World of Warcraft you can put the event clothing on temp for the duration of the event but can't after the event... I hated that big time.

Well I'm almost done with the main storyline. I have to finish up some main story quests in 3 zones to finish up a little something then got another quest to do and I should be done. I was a god during the big fight with the main guy. Pretty cool.

Established Citizen
Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:33 pm
I got so frustrated with something in the game yesterday that the only cure was to make Weird jump off a cliff. Yeah, I wish the rune would last longer. It has this particle effect that has holly falling off it and trailing along after her as she runs, and that's really pretty. Today I had to close two rifts and destroy two planer idols before I could find the titan that I was supposed to be fighting. He was busy running around fighting those things, instead of being in his right place. I also found out that jumping in the lake of lava hurts. LMBO.

Oh awesome! Congrats!

On BW2 I'm working on finishing up one last quest, but I don't know if I'll get it done, since the candles drop so slowly. That's alright. I've already qualified for the prizes, gotten a Christmas sweater, and won several of the energy packs like I'd be awarded for doing this quest.

Phoenix Luna Blaze Cloud

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:24 am
Lately I've been playing a lot of Stardew Valley. I'm a simple person when it comes to games. A couple of weeks ago, I decided to make another new save on one of the maps I haven't used (Forest Farm). It literally has the least farmable space, but I make it work. Right now I'm literally working on getting all of the achievements on Steam for Stardew. Still have 11 achievements to go Shocked

Before that I'd mostly been playing Pokemon Let's Go Eevee! I finished that game so quick, but I had a lot of fun. I can't wait until the 8th Generation comes out on the Switch.
Saiyouri

Long-term Citizen
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:33 am
Tam- I gave up on not jumping off cliffs, sometimes when I'm trying to use up my treasure or crafting maps I just do it if I can't get around a certain area and get to where I need to go. Plus collecting all the books I chose that dying non stop in dungeons to get to them is better than actually trying to fight. It's easier that way for me.

Gotta love when things aren't in the same spot than they should be, at least you found the guy. And gotta love jumping in lava. I swear some places in ESO has too many lava areas that it's not easy to do what you are trying to do, like quests.

Woot, glad you can get the prizes for the BW2 event. Sad that the candles don't drop often.

Phoenix- What is the best map to farm with? I have the game just haven't started it. I hope you can get the achievements. I gave up trying for Harvest Moon Light of Hope on steam since the game is kinda ridiculous. I have to constantly fertilize the crops to get a random cross breed and you don't have proper storage. You put things in the fridge to store to cook later for another achievement but you can't use the stove to pull from the fridge like all the other Harvest Moon games, you have to empty space in your bag to have the cooking ingredients in it. Plenty of people complained about that when I played it. I haven't checked it in awhile though.

I hope the new Pokemon game is really good and close to the original series on the Switch. I'm personally waiting for Animal Crossing. We finally get a console game. Took them long enough.

Well I got a few games on the winter Steam sale. Tales of Vesperia, Final Fantasy 8, Dragon Quest 11 and Secret of Mana. Now to wait til Vesperia is released to play those games.

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:09 pm
Saiyouri: Well, it really depends on what you want to do with your farm. There are 5 types.

1. Standard farm is the original. It has the most space for actually farming crops, so it's a favorite for people who like to grow a lot of crops and make a lot of gold. It's the original layout, and is one most people begin with.

2. Riverland farm has a lot less space than the Standard farm for crops and the like, but it has a huge river running through it where you can catch fish that you usually have to go elsewhere for. It's mostly little islands, which is nice for sectioning things off.

3. Forest Farm, like I mention, has the least space for farming. There are a lot of grassy spots where you can put your barns to save room. As well, you can get some foragable items there that usually take a lot longer to find, mainly mushrooms and hardwood.

4. Hill-top Farm is mostly focused on mining and fishing. It has a small area that spawns rocks and ore nodes. You just have to break your way through the trees to get to it. It also has a river with the same fish as the Riverland Farm.

5. Wilderness Farm has the second most space of the farms. However, there's a catch: at night, monsters spawn on the farm. They vary depending on your level. These are mostly the same monsters you find in the mines, minus one exclusive to the layout. This would probably be my last choice to start with, mostly because of the monsters.

Honestly, of the 5, my favorites are Standard and Forest. Standard because you can just plant so much, and Forest because of the foragables and I just think it looks really nice. Especially in Fall.

...I think that might have been information overload lol. I really like talking about the game, as you can tell.
------
I've played HMLoH quite a bit. I mean, I enjoyed it, but not nearly as much as Stardew Valley or the Story of Seasons games. The main thing that kills me, like you said, is the overuse of fertilizer. It wouldn't be so bad if they'd tone it down a bit. I love the concept of hybrid plants. I just wish they'd executed it better.

I also don't like the foggy weather type in the game because it makes my computer lag like crazy.

One thing I hadn't really gotten to was cooking because I was so focused on getting all the hybrids. They should really fix it to where you can cook with what's in your fridge from the stove. Your bag is pretty big, but with all of the different types of crops it's a pain to have to search through your fridge for the correct one.
------
I have high hopes for the new Pokemon game. Though, I'm generally optimistic about every game I play. I'm probably a bit too easy to please. As long as they give me a nice Grass Starter, I'll be set!

I'm so excited for the Animal Crossing game too! I've been waiting for a console game since the New Leaf came out. I really should play Animal Crossing more often... I love making hybrid flowers Very Happy
UtterlyWeird

Established Citizen
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:38 am
Oh, in 'RIFT' you don't die when you jump! No fall damage. So the jumps from cliffs are pretty cathartic.

I like simple games too. I've kind of given up on 'Guild Wars 2' for now, because I don't like it when something gets winged by getting in the way of a fight and starts attacking while my character's already busy fighting something else. And I don't have the hand/eye coordination for the jumping puzzles. My favourite game so far is 'Bushwhacker 2', which is a flash rpg that I get a kick out of (and I've finished the Christmas event, except for the silly Santa Clause quests I don't want to do. I still get all the finish up prizes). Second favourites include the 'Torchlight' games, because of how easy it is to get horribly overpowered (buahaha), and 'Dragon Tavern', which is a text RPG that I've played for many many years.

Saiyouri

Long-term Citizen
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:35 pm
Phoenix- Thanks for that info. It actually is really helpful. To be honest I like fishing and farming in games. So Riverland kinda appeals to me. I just wonder if it would be too much for a starter to use when they begin the game for the first time.

HMLoH is really bad with cooking. You have to cook each version of the recipes to get the achievement but that involves using the different quality of items for the same recipe. And that is hard. Especially with bag space, it's like 'how am I going to do this?'. I made a list of what I made already and gave up on the game. I might try it after sometime again but not anywhere in the future. I was getting frustrated already. All I did when I played it is take care of my crops. I even gave up on trying to get married. Collecting what I need is a tad too much to make the upgraded house in order to be married.

I don't recall the foggy weather too much.

I just hope the new Pokemon game is really good to what players want. Which is closer to the other core games and not so Pokemon go centric.

I played the heck out of Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon for the Gamecube. I played more out of those than any other of the games in those series. Even way more than New Leaf. I'm beyond excited for the new AC game coming out.

Tam- Oh my not dying when falling would be so much fun. I die recently from not realizing that it's a cliff I'm going off of that is a tad too high. Did that like 3 times yesterday I think...... Whoops. lol

Wow didn't know GW2 was like that. It does that in ESO but it doesn't bother me too much since it's pretty easy to handle the mobs, well for me with my Warden. I don't blame you for the jumping puzzles, I spent too much time getting one of the area things that you find on a map. I think it's close to the beginning area where there's a pipe in a huge grassy land area. I know I got frustrated too much from that one.

BW2 Santa Quests sound cute. Are they annoying or something ? I'm glad you found games that you really like. For me it's kinda hard since I get too disappointed with something after awhile. But I think WoW is a huge exception and shouldn't be counted at all.

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:52 pm
Saiyouri:
Just a little warning about the fishing game. It does take a bit of work to figure out how to do it. It's not just throw in the line and click when you get a bite like most other games. Instead, when a fish bites and you click, a bar pops up. The point of the minigame is to keep the fish within the small green bar until the bar on the right fills up to the top. It takes practice, but I got so frustrated with it when I first started playing.

Oh gosh, that would be a pain in the butt to do. I doubt I would have ever tried to get that achievement then. I did some cooking, but it was mostly for the cooking contest so it's not like I had to cook a bunch of different things. I've thought about going back to my game and finishing off my hybrids. I think I only had a few more of the difficult ones to unlock. I actually can't remember if I even got married or not XD. That's how long it's been. Though, I tend to put off marriage as long as possible in any Harvest Moon game.

I hope that the new Pokemon game is more similar to the past core games than Pokemon Go too. I personally don't mind the Go mechanics, but I prefer the original mechanics a lot more.

I think I probably played the Wii versions of Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing the most. I did play the Game Cube versions quite a lot too. I hope they still let you make clothing for your characters in AC Switch. That was one of my favorite things to do. I made a lot of frilly dresses because I could never find many that I liked in the game.
Saiyouri

Long-term Citizen
Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:00 pm
Thanks for that info on the mini game. I tried it out once and wanted to kill the game. I saw hubs do it and he had no issue. So if I have issues I might see if he can help me with it. I hate mini games with fishing. It's so confusing. But playing that game will have to wait til I'm not really concentrating on something else to remember the mechanics for sure.

Ya getting the higher quality of cooking ingredients is a really tedious task. You need milk, eggs and all crops. And when you cook it's not like one or two of them. It's more like several crops of a higher quality for one recipe. Not fun to do. I've tried looking for cheats to help me finish that part of the game, but the one I found only lets me get the highest quality of each item. Not that helpful with the others.

For the wedding I need a few items to make the upgraded house but one of them is higher quality candy cane sheep wool. That one takes a really long time to get. I think I got about a months time to get that part done. Months game time that is.

I loved getting married in HM games. Gamecube I pretty much never saw my wife or son. Poor family. I was too busy fishing, mining and caring for the farm. I'd get to bed at like 3 or later, you know when you would pass out lol.

Pokemon Go might be easier to help people catch animals for interactive part in the game, but for me my arm would die from being too tired within 5mins of playing the new Pokemon games. So I'm really hoping for the best for the new one. I so can't wait for the new AC and Pokemon games to come out.

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:36 pm
The minigame definitely has a learning curve to it. Once I figured it out, I've had very little issues since. It's just getting to that point. There's also food you can eat in the game that temporarily raises your fishing level, so that makes it a bit easier. Part of me is happy the fishing minigame is something other than just click and catch, but the other part is like "Why did they have to make such a strange minigame?!" I could honestly talk about Stardew Valley for hours though. It's my current favorite game.

I remember that some of the recipes required quite a lot of ingredients. My refirgerator is pretty much full of anything I grow (I made most of my gold mining after all), but I don't have a lot of the high quality versions of the items. I feel like getting the lowest quality and highest quality recipes would be the easiest. It's the ones in the middle that are a pain because your animals don't give them out for very long before moving up to the next level. That's just from what I remember, though.

I think the only one I married quickly on was Tree of Tranquility and Animal Parade for the Wii. That is mostly because, back in the day, I had this weird thing for Gill XD. I always married him. I should go back and play the game and marry someone different for a chance. I always tended to get back at around 11ish in all of my games because I never liked passing out.

For me, I mostly used the switch console as a handheld rather than doing it on the TV because I didn't feel like physically throwing it all the time. I can see how that would be really tiring for most people, definitely.

I'm seriously considering getting my 3DS and playing New Leaf at the moment. I always had the ordiance that kept my flowers from dying, so at the very leas I know they'll still be there and I won't have too many weeds. I'd restart it, but I really don't want to lose all the furniture I've collected over the years.
UtterlyWeird

Established Citizen
Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:37 pm
Yup, it's fun. Flying leaps from the walls of fortresses set up on mountainsides! I wanna find one of those overhanging the sea.

The Santa quests annoyed me. I guess mostly because of that wet floor sliding puzzle, but there's also one quest where you're supposed to STEAL a present. meh. I just pretty much ignore Santa Clause now. There are fishing and farming in BW2 too. Right now I'm growing a lot of wheat, because it's the most money crop and I'm trying to expand the ranch some more and just have plenty of gold on hand. Another thing I like about the game is that it's not too hard if you're patient to save up enough bushbucks (the premium currency) to buy some of the premium items or items from past years. I got the knit roast turkey hat and the candy cane sword back that way.

I don't feel good. I think it's fever. I tripped out so hard about my hair being too long this morning that I sat on the toilet and cut it all off.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Pubs and Clubs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 26 of 35