Free For All (literally) - Will re-open later this year!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 143, 144, 145  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Good Deeds (Charities) [Nov.'19]
Reply with quote
Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:10 pm



Back for the Holidays! Hello 2015! <3

I am Lady Koikoneko and this is my giveaway and raffle thread. My life and works in other lands take me away from Zantarni and I return on occasion to bestow wealth upon others. If you already own an item I ask that you please do not compete for it, unless you intend to give it to someone else as a gift.

2k page prize.
First post on every page gets 2k! <3


Raffles wrote:
    Epic Holiday Raffle (Jan 1st) (Unlimited Slots Available)
    Artificial Wings


      1: Draca
      2: boblaylon
      3: Razak
      4: Paganbeer
      5: Riley


    November Raffle (30th) (10 Slots Available)
    Brown Pointy Boots

      1: Dusty
      2: boblaylon
      3: Draca
      4: Razak
      5: TurtleSensei
      6: open
      7: open
      8: open
      9: open
      10: open


    For the Guys Christmas Raffle (25th) (5 Slots Available)
    Yorick Male Jacket and Pants Set

      1: boblaylon
      2: open
      3: open
      4: open
      5: open


    For the Gals Christmas Raffle (25th) (5 Slots Available)
    Yorick Female Jacket and Skirt Set

      1: Draca
      2: open
      3: open
      4: open
      5: open


Giveaways wrote:
    [12] Wrapping Gloves left. (just claim one)




Past Raffles wrote:
    Hooded White Cloak - Liliac Eclipse
    Red Cloak - IvyKitsami
    Black Cloak - Liliac Eclipse
    Black Cloak - Pixie
    Winter 06 Starry Mask - Fehvy
    Severance - lnspire
    Purple Cloak - toxic rainbow`
    Hooded White Cloak - AmaaraJade
    Nightmare Wand - MythicPhoenix
    Frozen Wings - NoelenRose2
    Golden Cloak - Q-Tip
    Blue Cloak - Lilliana
    Black Belt - Panda Bear
    Yoricks Mini Wings - Anokoku
    Level 4 Earth Bow - vylqun
    Level 2 Water Boots - TurtleSensei
    Sub Zero Boots and Shoes - Zinn
    Level 4 Fire Sword - cathy1103
    Frozen Candy Cane - Itticus


    Dinky Green Horns - toxic rainbow`
    Dinky Purple Horns - Amurita
    Dinky Blue Horns - Slipknot009

    Mod Top - .:.kAt.:.


    2013 Re-Opening

    Skull Armor Boots - keres corvax
    Skull Armor Ribcage - Celestrya


    2014 Re-Opening

    Missed it! Sad
    RL DRAMA! Sorry, darlings. </3


    2015 Re-Opening

    Crowning Glory and Xmas Ruby Crowns
    Mikuhiko
    Da-kuTenshi
    Dusty
    Draca




Random Thread Giveaway wrote:
Current Giveaway wrote:
    The next give away is page 148, eighth post!



Past Giveaway wrote:
    Dark Angel Wings - ducky 333 pg 55
    Black Naga Tail - Ryver pg 78
    Anubis Mask - Pinkbubblegum pg 124


Pet Giveaway wrote:
CLOSED: All remaining pets donated to The Pet Adoption Center.



Last edited by Koikoneko on Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:52 am; edited 218 times in total
Reply with quote
Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:17 pm
I'd say do a contest. That's usually how I do it. If I got a lot of coin, I usually do a free contest and although I state there's so many contest prizes, I still give everyone a little bit of something.

And I try to keep the contests interesting. Like, I had one where I made some tomes and the day they were able to open, I had opened tomes and they clicked on it to view what prize they received.

Edited Here lately with the amount of coin I have, I've usually been giving all the newbies I see post in the Introduction thread 5k each to help them get started.
_________________
Reply with quote
Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:23 pm
Yes I think you should do a contest for the more "Expensive" items! Smile Like the 50th or 100th person who posts to this will get the item they want haha !
Reply with quote
Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:24 pm
Wow, what sort of coding did the tome require?

Also, I want to enable questers and newbies first dibs. Get items to specific homes first and then disperse the rest.
Reply with quote
Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:24 pm
Athena147 wrote:
Yes I think you should do a contest for the more "Expensive" items! Smile Like the 50th or 100th person who posts to this will get the item they want haha !


Oh, that's a good one! And to make it even more difficult, you could be all like, the 5th poster on the 50th page. >.>

Koikoneko wrote:
Wow, what sort of coding did the tome require?

Also, I want to enable questers and newbies first dibs. Get items to specific homes first and then disperse the rest.


I actually did it myself. Uhm, I pixeled the tomes (horribly but manageble X] ) and then once it got down to the ending date, I had the opened books pixeled already and just needed to link it to other images that either stated what prize they won or a "Sorry, not a winner." and I hid those links in a tinyurl link so that way people wouldn't be able to just mouse over and see whether or not they won from the status bar.
I was told by a lot of users they quite enjoyed it. I'm thinking about setting up another one for next month's DIs.

But how I determined who won and who didn't, I opened a wordpad and put everyone down and numbered each one according to how many they purchased. Depending on how many there were, say for example, I had like 500 sold, I got a number generator and put in 1 through 500 and had it choose so many numbers at random. Whatever random numbers came up, I put the winners in. Heck, I never even knew who the winner was until I opened them. X]
_________________


Last edited by Fehvy on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
Amurita
View user's profile
Send private message

Knight of Zantarni
Reply with quote
Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:26 pm
I hope this doesn't mean you're quitting Zantarni D:

You could always do an art contest/request thread for art for items, though not everyone is an artist.

What would be interesting for me personally, would be an avatar contest with the item they want so you can actually see how they'd use it.
_________________
Reply with quote
Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:30 pm
The problem with that is will there be enough pages when people can't double post and what not?

Hmm... maybe for the first round I can have a set amount of time for people to list five things they are questing for on one post. Then I go through and give them one thing on their list. (if I have one of the things) And I can offer them some other items if I don't have what they requested.

Maybe I should throw another art contest, or a writing contest for some items?
Reply with quote
Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:34 pm
Art contests RULE! Well.. when you can get artists to draw DX Which is tough on this site D:<
_________________
Reply with quote
Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:35 pm
I've seen a beauty pageant contest in the tournaments. Perhaps have people go into the dream avatar and the most creative and/or beautiful, etc. wins?

Edit Lantis... I so wish I could draw like the art in your siggy. @.@
_________________


Last edited by Fehvy on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply with quote
Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:35 pm
Oooh, I like that one! You should do that!
_________________
Reply with quote
Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:41 pm
I think, maybe a game similar to the one Lady HH has where people pick a spot and each spot has a color or code for certain type of item and the person can choose an item they are questing from that type.
_________________

Reply with quote
Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:43 pm
Fehvy wrote:
Athena147 wrote:
Yes I think you should do a contest for the more "Expensive" items! Smile Like the 50th or 100th person who posts to this will get the item they want haha !


Oh, that's a good one! And to make it even more difficult, you could be all like, the 5th poster on the 50th page. >.>

Koikoneko wrote:
Wow, what sort of coding did the tome require?

Also, I want to enable questers and newbies first dibs. Get items to specific homes first and then disperse the rest.


I actually did it myself. Uhm, I pixeled the tomes (horribly but manageble X] ) and then once it got down to the ending date, I had the opened books pixeled already and just needed to link it to other images that either stated what prize they won or a "Sorry, not a winner." and I hid those links in a tinyurl link so that way people wouldn't be able to just mouse over and see whether or not they won from the status bar.
I was told by a lot of users they quite enjoyed it. I'm thinking about setting up another one for next month's DIs.

But how I determined who won and who didn't, I opened a wordpad and put everyone down and numbered each one according to how many they purchased. Depending on how many there were, say for example, I had like 500 sold, I got a number generator and put in 1 through 500 and had it choose so many numbers at random. Whatever random numbers came up, I put the winners in. Heck, I never even knew who the winner was until I opened them. X]


Yes! That is such a good idea!
Reply with quote
Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:45 pm
@Fehvy: Hmm... its really neat how you did that, but I want to have items go to people who are questing for them as much as possible. Maybe we can break out a randomizer for whatever is let over after I give most of what I have away.


@Amurita: I'm not riding off into the sunset just yet. I will check around now and then. I will not be hoarding anymore. I broke up my items on Gaia and I am doing that here now.

I love the idea for how they would dress up using it. That is defiantly something I'll use.


@Lantis: Yes they do! Buuuut... If I can just commission a few people that would be great. *nudge nudge*


@.Gwen: Thats a good idea. Maybe I'll do something like that for the elemental armor stuff.
Reply with quote
Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:48 pm
Yea, I know how you feel. I have been wanting to do an art contest on another site that I don't go on anymore but all of them are pretty good ideas.
_________________

Reply with quote
Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:55 pm
Koikoneko wrote:
@Fehvy: Hmm... its really neat how you did that, but I want to have items go to people who are questing for them as much as possible. Maybe we can break out a randomizer for whatever is let over after I give most of what I have away.


Perhaps you can break it down?
Have like a quest contest. For all who wishes to have a certain item, have them do one contest.
For those who wants a chance at another item, have them in a separate contest?

Like.. say you're giving away (using as an example) the January, February, March and April DIs.
Those who wishes for a chance at January DI can do like an art contest. Those who wants February, can do like a writing contest. Those who want March can do a beauty contest. Those who want April can do a different contest.
Those contest doesn't have to be those exact, just listing examples.


Edit If done like that, then you could possibly use everyone's ideas for each contest. X]
_________________
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Good Deeds (Charities) [Nov.'19] All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 143, 144, 145  Next
Page 1 of 145

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2019 Zantarni / Zantarni Entertainment
Terms of Service
Members login here.

New members register here.
 
zantarni banner