February DIs - 2014 Survey
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Zantarni Discussion [Nov.'19]

Which set is your favourite?
Year of the Horse
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Monsoon
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
Wildfire
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
None of the Above
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

Amurita

Knight of Zantarni
Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:21 am
This month takes some time to celebrate the Lunar New Year, with the focus on the year's animal: the horse.

We also celebrate more cultures as we receive some clothing from Zantarni's land of Ta-Zhar, which is reminiscent to the lands spoken of in One Thousand and One Nights (aka Arabian Nights).

So what do you think of this month's items?

Arrow Is there something you particularly liked about them?
Arrow Is there something you think could be improved?
Arrow What are your thoughts on some sets being more gender-specific or more unisex?
Arrow Any other thoughts?

Item List, Year of the Horse:
      Xing Ma Banner (background)
      Xing Ma Pennant
      Ma Denglong (background)
      Hanging Denglong (background)
      Xing Ma Scroll
      Ma Jing Shen Scroll
      Lucky Horse (pet)

Item List, Monsoon:
      Monsoon Cuffs
      Monsoon Slippers
      Monsoon Garment
      Monsoon Drape
      Monsoon Head dress
      Monsoon Glass Lantern
      Archway Balcony

Item List, Wildfire:
      Sunset Archway
      Wildfire Shoes
      Wildfire Top
      Wildfire Bottom
      Wildfire Shawl
      Wildfire Head wrap

---
Looking forward to next month...

Idea What kind of DI do you want/think the theme will be for March?

Knight of Zantarni
Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:49 am
I wanted to wait for other opinions before posting here, but since it's already march and I have a second post available for this thread, I'm going to take advantage of it to post my opinions for last month's DIs.

So I really wanted to make this post, because I was truly enamored by Feb's items.

I like the take on the Year of the Horse. The red and yellow go great together, and the really like the lanterns and xingma scroll. I'm not really a fan of horses (not that I dislike them or anything), so the rest of the items were ok for me. I kind of wish the horse on the Ma Jing Shen scroll was red as well to fit the colour scheme, but other than that I like the idea of it and how it was pixelled.

The wildfire set was my second fave set this month. I'm always a fan of draping and flowing cloth so I liked the design of the items.

The monsoon items were my hands-down fave item for feb. First off the colours are gorgeous! It has this green colour with a tinge of blue that gives the cloth a sort of shimmery quality, and the gold accents work well with it. I also really like the design of the headdress, lantern and balcony.

As for the question of unisex versus gender specific, I am torn. I am satisfied with the female version of clothing I got, but am envious of some of the male items and would've equally liked to have them as well(eg headdress in monsoon, and shawl in wildfire). But since I did like what I did get in the female version, I am not too bothered by it.

As for unisex clothing, I do like that the same items are available for both genders, so I don't have to be envious of the other. But they tend to have pants (or similar a piece) for the bottom, when I sometimes prefer a skirt or dress so sometimes it makes me want more gender-specific clothing more.

I think my personal preference would be a more genderspecific clothing that can be worn by both genders. So let's say if there was a dress it would become a robe for the guys, while a skirt would become a wrap or kilt. Then for the 'masculine' set, it can basically be the same for both, but with a more 'rugged' look. Then a third set would be more unisex, and maybe have more accessories or something.

Now let's go on to March!