Egg coloring contest! CLOSED
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Entertainment Hall

Best egg?
Egg 1
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Egg 2
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:15 am
*Drops an unfinished egg in the thread and runs away*

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:37 am
Cute egg Queen Blaze! Very Happy I love the color scheme. *nods*

Ok, here's mine. I didn't have much time for originality and my skills are limited. XD

Queen of the Realm
Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:24 pm
Cute egg! Yes
Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:53 am
Wooooot eggs! They are added into post 2 Mr. Green

CLICK DA PETS
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:06 pm
LOL - yeah Rayven, the colors were already pre-loaded in my graphics software (leftover from doing the site graphics) XD

Thanks for posting my egg, Yoari, but I hope you're not considering me for your prize pool No

Did you guys color any actual eggs this year? I wasn't going to, but then I ended up getting up really early yesterday and had some extra time, so I ended up making some hard-boiled eggs and experimenting with food dye... just because. XD

Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:39 pm
I may have added you to the prize pool with the thought of reaching out (if you won) to see if you wanted your prize given to second place, but this cuts out the middle man

Oh we should have colored eggs, we do have eggs but no food coloring actually. I am sure there's some youtube video explaining have I can use strawberries or something to dye them

CLICK DA PETS
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:51 pm
LOL... it's not like I need the gems Yoari... you know, being Queen and all... but I appreciate the thought Yes Heart

I'm sorry you didn't get more submissions to your contest. I think it was a great contest idea and I'm happy that you posted it! Yes

And yes - there are all kinds of ways to dye eggs with natural ingredients. We did that one year - it was interesting for the kids (and me, tbh!) to see the natural dyes in onions, for example, affect the white egg shell Yes

Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:00 pm
Yeah next time I'll have to start it earlier but hey I got 1 official submittal and that's all I needed!

We tried purple potatoes recently, and they are PURPLE. Inside and outside and dyed the water a dark violet. I should have used those for dying eggs!

CLICK DA PETS
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:05 pm
Oh, good for you! I love the purple-purple potatoes! Some of them are purple outside and white on the inside, btw. It's the same way with the purple carrots. I freaked out my stepson yesterday by putting out rainbow carrots - he had no idea that carrots came in colors other than orange XD Heart

Some good natural colorings for dying eggs include red onion (skins), beets, yellow/gold onion (dark skins), and there are some greens that work well too, but I don't remember what...
Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:51 pm
Ah yes I was tricked by purple-white potatoes before... so much disappointment!

I only learned about rainbow carrots... 4 years ago? I always hoped they counted for "eating the rainbow" even though it was all just carrots. I find most green veggies bitter but I guess green beans and the pea family are starting to grow on me

CLICK DA PETS
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:36 pm
Blazestorm wrote:
LOL - yeah Rayven, the colors were already pre-loaded in my graphics software (leftover from doing the site graphics) XD

Thanks for posting my egg, Yoari, but I hope you're not considering me for your prize pool No

Did you guys color any actual eggs this year? I wasn't going to, but then I ended up getting up really early yesterday and had some extra time, so I ended up making some hard-boiled eggs and experimenting with food dye... just because. XD

Your graphics software is psychic. XD

No, I do not enjoy dying eggs. I can never get them as dark as I want. Grr How did the food dye work?

Did you both have a good Easter?
Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:45 am
I had a lazy Easter so I'll count that as good. The Zoom call went better and worse than expected so there's that

We played Valheim most of the day Very Happy

CLICK DA PETS
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:24 pm
Oh the food dye seemed to work out fine. I didn't add vinegar or anything so I don't know how stable the colors ended up being, and the eggs came out looking more tie-dyed than anything, but I didn't mind that, especially since I didn't submerge them.

Lazy holidays are the best, IMO. Although I spent the morning cooking, ours was pretty lazy too. It was good. There was a lone wild turkey in our yard early evening too, which was interesting and ironic...

That sounds like a mixed Zoom call, Yoari Yes Are you ok? You seem a little unsettled somehow...

And WHO voted for my egg? Confused

Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:16 pm
You had a turkey visitor?!? I don't actually know the range of wild turkey but seems they are in Florida, okay new knowledge for me Idea

My MIL can be a bit awkward, like she took "how to make conservation" advice but wrong.

Like "ask about the other persons interests", okay okay solid advice

Yoari tell me about your job search
Nephew tell everyone about that book you wrote for school

Like it's random, pointed, and some times rude. If nephew wants to talk about his book he'll bring it up or ask something like general like "how are things going out there"

IDK it just irks me when people ask about fixing your failings - job loss, weightless, are you pregnant yet. I guess I am not close with my in-laws so my view is colored a bit.

Like I offered up job stuff here so you asking about it is a continuation of a conversation. We don't talk to them often so it's just like '"what do we know about you"? And apparently only being laid off comes to mind - not anything else about my life during the 10 years of knowing these people

Yet we ask about their hobbies (books, art, bird watching), ideas for future house projects, or when we find new products that works with their dietary restrictions, new board game or shows they may enjoy or ask if they found any gems they can recommend

My SIL and family are very easy over zoom so we had a great time with them, we all game and have similar interests so convos are a bit more organic

I know when I voted I broke the tie so IDK XD

CLICK DA PETS
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:13 pm
Yes, wild turkeys run around this area fairly often. Apparently, it's a turkey species specific to Florida, and this guy was alone instead of with his flock, which was strange, but yes, we had a turkey visitor on Easter. He was in the back yard the other day too...

Oh that sounds like interesting family dynamics for sure... semi-aggressive with the pointedness and specificity of the questions - not really conversation starters at all, actually. I have been on the receiving end of those types of "conversations" and they're not fun, so I sympathize. In the past I have wondered whether or not that kind of thing was a type of social awkwardness, 'cultural translation', or a borderline personality order... is it accidental or natural, or is it intentional for some reason.

......... ummm.... anyway.... yay Easter Eggs? XD

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Entertainment Hall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3