Dragon Age anyone?
Dusty

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:16 pm
I don't know how many people have played Dragon Age but I wanted to see if there was anyone here that had... Heart

I've played Origins, 2, and I'm playing through Inquisition now. :3 As far as expansion packs go I had a fair number for Origins (including Awakenings, but not Witch Hunt or Leliana's Song) and I had all of them for DA:2.

So, if there are any other Dragon Age fans out there, who are your favorite characters, what's your favorite race/class to play as, which games have you played, and which game was your favorite? Or, just chat about the games in general. :3

Knight of Zantarni
Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:23 am
I'm currently playing Dragon Age Origins right now, and I have to say, it's a very long game. I'm over 100 hours now and it says that I've only explored about 60% of the world :O

I actually had this game for a while but never played it because I wasn't really into the graphics. I started playing this game since I really enjoyed the Mass Effect series and wanted something to fill the void so I decided to go for the other action rpg series made by Bioware. Took me a bit to get into it, but I am enjoying it now. I think it was the whole, the main character not speaking thing. I really loved the voice of female Shepherd in Mass Effect so it was weird to have a silent protagonist.
Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:13 am
Sorry if this is necroposting, but I absolutely ADORE this series.
Even two, which didn't necessarily get the best feedback, but the characters are so compelling that I'm willing to overlook it's many sins. Lol.
I have all of the games and the books, currently working on finally finishing Inquisition- it's been hard to want to finish it, I don't want it to end. Lol.

Have you seen the teaser for the latest title?
It's going to be years before it's released, but I'm cautiously optimistic.. even though David Gaider, who wrote a great deal of content, characters, and several books, is no longer involved with the project.
I'm curious to see what sort of direction it's going to take.

Oh! I almost forgot!
Favorite characters: Morrigan, Zevran, Isabella, Fenris, Varric, Anders, Solas, Cullen, Dorian, Sera, Iron Bull, and Cole.
Also, I prefer playing as a Dalish Elf, they have such a skewed view of the past- it's very naive to a degree, but also romantic in a sense. I just find them fascinating and contradictory.
I usually play rogues and occasionally mages- I have no patience for tanks.
Dusty

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:02 pm
No worries Revas! I would have revived the thread again sooner, but I completely forgot to respond to Amurita! Heart

I love Dragon Age (and Mass Effect) with all my heart. XD I really actually loved Dragon Age 2 as well, I've actually been replaying it, or was before I caught the sinus bug that I've currently got.
I definitely know the feeling! I have so many Inquisition playthroughs that are sitting 95% finished because I'm not ready for them to end. XD Though, the dlc helped convince me to complete a few.

I have! I'm really excited. I've been reveling in all the fan theories about what people think is coming next. I was sad to see David Gaider go, though I know Patrick Weekes is super passionate about Dragon Age and he's a good writer too. It'll be a change, but I'm pretty sure we're still in good hands. Heart

All of those are super awesome characters. Heart Though, I don't have many Dragon Age characters that I dislike. XD They all have such great depth. Very Happy

Amurita Ah! That's so awesome! My bf actually got into Dragon Age for the same reason, and introduced me to Dragon Age before he was able to convince me to play Mass Effect (which I also really love). The graphics in Origins are definitely not the best, but It's definitely a great game! Though It definitely gets a little long in parts. XD Being someone that loves replaying things again and again I had to install a few mods to skip parts that I found super tedious like the sloth demon that traps you in the fade... (definitely worth playing through once, but probably not 5+ times).

The voiceless protagonist was a bit off putting for me too. I'm really happy that the second and third games had fully voiced characters. XD Though, Origins not having a voiced protagonist probably made me willing to give Skyrim a chance (and I'm happy I did). XD

Long-term Citizen
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:26 pm
Ah Dragon Age! Love this series. I actually really enjoyed 2. I go for Fenris every time lol. I usually play as an Elven Rogue if I'm able to, so I was a bit upset I couldn't be one in 2. I do enjoy playing a Qunari in Inquisition though. It's entertaining.

My favorite characters are Zevran, Alistair, Shale, Anders, Fenris, Iron Bull, Dorian, and Cole.
Page 1 of 1