Doctor Who
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:43 pm
It truly will be interesting to see where they go with it. . .I do have a feeling we will start getting a few Oswinisms. . .such as when she was introduced to the Tardis and the Doctor expected her to say the usual line about it and instead she said that it was "Smaller on the outside". . .she just may keep the good Doctor on his toes.
Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:50 pm
And that what makes her stand out against the other companions. She breaks the expected and surprises the fans and the Doctor. I'm really liking her so far based on the episode she has appeared on.

Although, I've been reading about how some people wants her to be secretly Jenny. Which kind of disturbs me. :\

Defender of the Realm
Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:55 pm
I hadn't heard that about "Jenny"; I don't think that would be in keeping with the originality of Oswin/Clara; she definitely is a tad different from other companions.
Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:13 pm
Whovians in Doctor Who fan pages in Facebooks keeps saying that they want Clara to be Jenny. I personally think that will just ruin her completely!

Knight of Zantarni
Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:53 pm
I doubt that Facebook will have any influence on the storyline, fortunately for us.

I came across this little fellow lurking in my Photobucket account, and here seemed to be an appropriate home for him.

Knight of Zantarni
Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:21 pm
As a fellow Hitchhiking Whovian, I felt it really needed to be added to the repertoire. Yes My apologies if this has already been posted.

Youtube

Last edited by Tisiel on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nema

Knight of Zantarni
Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:29 pm
That's hilarious, Lady Tisiel, thank you!
Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:06 am
Oh my god that is good.
"Stay away. Just stay away."
LOL.

Knight of Zantarni
Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:45 pm
You're so welcome, Lady Nema. Wink
I was quite excited with the find, I won't lie! XD

That was one of the parts that just had me in stitches too, Devilla! XD

Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:32 pm
So, after finally beginning to watch Doctor Who in order, I have come to the realisation that Catherine Tate is my favourite companion.
There's no worry about love and she treats him the way he deserves. XD
Plus, the way they just run off of each other is awesome.
I want to be that close with somebody. :3

We are nearly done with Tennant's run as the Doctor and it's beginning to sadden me.
I've fallen in love with Doctor Who, and he is my Doctor.
I don't want him to leave.
I just hope that maybe I'll like Matt Smith. ._.

Nema, Tisi,
I love you. XD

Defender of the Realm
Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:42 pm
I was concerned about Matt Smith taking over and was pleasantly surprised as I didn't expect to like him. . .but he is Doctor Who, only different, and it is that difference that makes him so good.
Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:48 pm
-liz- wrote:
So, after finally beginning to watch Doctor Who in order, I have come to the realisation that Catherine Tate is my favourite companion.
There's no worry about love and she treats him the way he deserves. XD
Plus, the way they just run off of each other is awesome.
I want to be that close with somebody. :3

We are nearly done with Tennant's run as the Doctor and it's beginning to sadden me.
I've fallen in love with Doctor Who, and he is my Doctor.
I don't want him to leave.
I just hope that maybe I'll like Matt Smith. ._.

Nema, Tisi,
I love you. XD

Donna is awesome. She grated at first, but looking back I do really like her, nothing to do with love, ever, (well romantic/sexual love at any rate), just buddies who fly through space and time together and she puts him in his place.

Matt Smith is good. Some of the writing lately has been a little... Well, good, but a little over done? But I think Matt is a great Doctor. He strikes me as having the feeling of being a very old man, despite his apparent youth.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:08 pm
We tried to watch the first episode with Matt Smith.

I don't hate Amy as much as I did. XD
And I still love Rory. <3

But I got really bored really quick. :/
Seeing as how Moffat writes a lot of Smith's episodes, I'm sure things will become interesting in no time at all. XD
Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:22 pm
Yeah that's exactly the point haha it gets so "interesting" so quickly. I like the quirky side trips and all that. Like the one about the... what was it a sapphire waterfall? I can't remember what it was called but the copycat one. It ran like an old school horror film.
Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:43 pm
In anticipation of the 50th Anniversary of the good Doctor, BBC America has been running specials on the previous Doctors, with interviews with current or recent cast members, plus talking with the original cast members from each Doctor. . .

It was interesting to see the first Doctor and his 'granddaughter'; as well as the second Doctor and his companions, Jamie, the kilted Highlander and Victoria (from the Victorian era) fight the Cybermen. . .

So far they have only run the first two Doctors; it is amazing that the Doctor has stood the test of time (*chuckles*).

It was interesting to find out that Captain Jack Harkness (John Barrowman) is also Scottish, like David Tennant and that Matt Smith was reported to have watched the second Doctor and adapted a lot of the old Doctor's hand movements into his own version of the Doctor.

I cannot wait to see the other Doctors and to see what they come up with for the 50th Anniversary Show (and who will be in it).

And I cannot wait for the new season to start on March 30. . .and how they develop the Clara/Oswin character. . .

Page 3 of 24