DLR and Squid
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> 1x1 RPs [Nov.'19]
Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:38 am
Its getting cold. Leaves are changing from green to yellow and a brisk north wind is blowing through. Its going to get colder as time goes on. A carriage full of noble young men is headed north to a grand old keep. It was once a fortress against invaders from the north but now its a training school where wealthy families send their sons to become knights and heroes, generals etc. The rickety cart is not what most inside are used to. rocking and swaying with hard wood seats, crammed with other boys that were only allowed to bring a single pack of belongings. Most of hte spoiled occupants are scowling. One sits off to the side, his skin darker and eyes amber with black hair, he sticks out, a boy from the southern border.
Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:45 am
The sun creeps across the sky, and it's not till its a burning orange ball on the skyline that they see the keep in the distance. It takes them till just after night fall to reach it. The gates open slowly as the approach. A guard on the wall is yelling the news of their arrival to someone on the other side. There is a moat and a draw bridge. The carriage slams onto the bridge with a small drop aand it bounces harshly.
Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:51 am
The cart teeters in and comes to a stop in the smelly courtyard. a few other senior students are waiting to lead the new arrivals out. They seem to be color coded. The oldest are wearing scarlet tunics, the younger are wearing green. One adult in the group is wearing a yellow golden tunic and chain mail, a sword at his hip.
"Pile out!" he yells at the cart.

The boys start to leave, the black haired southerner at the front having been near the door, wearing the purple garb of his crest. The others are instructed to file behind him in single file by the older students.

"Come forward" The gold tuniced man orders.

The southerner walks forward.

"Name!"

"I'm Raja (Raya) of the white sands sir" He states "Son of-"

"Dont care!" The man barks "here you're Squire Raja or just Raja. go stand over there" Making a note on a clip board

Raja looks a little insulted but goes to stand off to the side.
Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:00 am
The courtyard slowly begin to fill with curious eyes. They are starting to mutter to one another, some smirking and even pointing.

One boy in a darker green tunic shouts in Raja's direction. "LITTLE FAR NORTH EH SAND DWELLER?" several around him laugh, one of the older ones look over, crossing their arms.

Another young green tunic turns to walk away from the crowd. He has blue eye and brown hair, he turns to head into the kitchens area of the castle that's is looming over the courtyard.

<----- by Squid93
Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:04 am
Raja glares after him and mutters so only those in his radius can hear "Only a coward feels the need to lash out unprovoked" his lips twitch to make a small smirk.

The others in the line look at Raja and snicker a little, looking after the green garbed guy.
Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:14 am
The guy who yelled before opens his mouth to shout again, however is quickly cut off by an older student in scarlet smacking him hard on the back of his head. He yelps rubbing it and other laugh more. The older student says loud enough for people to hear "Watch your words. He might be able to beat you in practice." He has black hair and dark brown eyes, a contrast from his light skin.He then smirks then leans forward to him "I'll be willing to go as far as bet against you."

<----- by Squid93
Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:22 am
Raja looks away as they go down the line of newcomers. Most look tired or mopey about the move and the majority are from the central relms, a few from the northern holds, they're the ones who adjust fastest, usually raised in a castle they have to maintain themselves, hunting for food not sport and eating whats available.

They're all lead off to the student barracks. The barracks are and always have been where the soldiers slept. Now serving as a sort of dormitory the boys have to select beds. Raja doesn't complain and takes the first one he sees. Others complain about the discomfort.

"yeah well when you've been practicing all day and had the snot beaten out of you by Roland they're like sleeping on clouds." One of the older students snark.

They're instructed to dump their packs, and given new trainee tunics. A thicker sturdier material than their noble garbs. A few wait to see if they're lead to a changing room and when they're not look uncomfortable at the idea of changing around the others. The northerners just emediately begin changing. Raja follows their lead. he has a brand by his hip, that of the royal family, given to them at the age of 12 as a coming of age right.

They're given a few minutes to change into their green/brown tunics and brown pants then led off towards the mess hall.
Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:32 am
The message hall is crowded with rowdy boys, they are all seated according to their tunic color. The squires all take turns running the kitchens and serving the food. The boy with blue eyes and brown hair is walking around with a bowl of bread, walking to the tables and letting everyone take their share. He begins past a group of older boys, who are still in green tunics, and seems to trip slamming into the ground and the bread going everywhere. He sits up slowly "what the hell was that Cal?!" He twists to face on of them.

"What was what runt?" Cal looks at the boy on the floor laughing. "Got two left feet do ya?"

'Runt' turns, scowling and going to pick up the bread and broken bits of bowl.

<----- by Squid93
Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:38 am
Raja looks at the runt quietly as they're lead to their respective spots. most of them starving from the trip. as he passes he bends down and picks up a piece of the shattered plate, gently handing it to the runt, a sympathetic look on his face before he slips back into the group getting to the newbie table. The teachers in gold tunics come walking in. Tall muscular and mostly bearded men, the older students know to sit up straight and shut up when they walk by. Those who dont get a swift wap on the back of the head. The teachers take their places at the head table one standing. A large bear like man with dark brown hair and the northern blue eyes.

"I know we just got a shipment of fresh meat!" His voice booms through the hall "So I thought I'd do a little introductory speech. Your old lives? They're over, here you're a soldier and we're going to teach you to be the best! You dont get to be the best from buying expencive swords and armor. You get to be the best by working your **** off and going to bed bruised and beaten! Every morning you'll get up and train until you drop in the evening. If you're not training you're maintaining the castle! Got it?" Boomed.

The table of newbies is quiet, some of them looking scared.

"I said, GOT IT??" He barks at them

"Yes sir!" They all shakily shout back.
Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:50 am
The runt moves to get the rest of the mess cleaned up, listening respectfully before finishing though. Other squires bring food by their table after serving the instructors table first. The runt soon follows, bringing a fresh bowl of bread. He stops by the newbies so they can get food, has a few bruises on his arms and face. He stays quiet while serving them.

<----- by Squid93
Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:52 am
When the runt serves Raja he looks at the food then at the Runt. "whats your name?" saying quietly, keeping the conversation between them
Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:55 am
The runt glances at him, then mutters "Trace. You?" Serving him the bread.

<----- by Squid93
Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:56 am
"Raja" he's looking at him with intense amber eyes, as if reading him. "why dont you stand up to them?" he nods towards the boys who shoved Trace.
Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:59 am
Trace tilts his head slightly "because every class they prove that they fight better than I do. I'd rather keep all my teeth thanks." He stands and turns to walk down the table.

<----- by Squid93
Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:00 am
Raja grabs his hand quickly, almost preemptively. whispering "what time do they go to sleep around here?"
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3