Describe, Don't Tell
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Wordsmith's Nook [Nov.'19]
Dusty

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:51 pm
See if you can guess what it is that I'm describing. Smile
This was something I wrote for my English class. Heart
1. LillieRose
2. Celestrya
3. CrystalCharee

They have seen the changes of their surroundings for years. They are ancient, older than the trees. They can grow or shrink, but their changes in size are not always noticeable within a humanís lifetime. They provide a home to an entire ecosystem; the wildlife, plants, and weather carve it out.

Sometimes humans live on them, sometimes the tunnel through them, and other times they drive around them. There are many things upon them that humans cannot do or see anywhere else.

They have fascinated humans since the humans first saw them. They were seen as holy, and god-like in the ancient times. There are often ruins of old shrines and ritual relics found on their surface.

They have been the subject of many a painting, not always in the foreground, but they make a beautiful backdrop. Often times, they are visited by photographers; many of them are highly photogenic, even on their worst days.

They live within close range of many others like them, though there may be several examples of their kind leading a solitary existence. Many have existed through out the world, but some have disappeared from its face.

Some are surrounded by water, and even form small islands. Others are landlocked, and have never seen the ocean. Sometimes, when the form a circle, a lake forms at their feet.

Last edited by Dusty on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
LillieRose

Knight of Zantarni
Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:01 pm
It's a beautiful description. :3

You did a great job at writing it. Yes

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:18 pm
Thank you very much. <3
I was rather inspired this morning when I looked outside. XD (I go to college in the mountains, and I have a very pretty view from my dorm window).