Dark junction (1x1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 6, 7, 8  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> 1x1 RPs [Nov.'19]
Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:56 am
One moment he was listening to her and the next he was carrying her to a nearby tree. He placed her limp body on a mossy patch and checked if her breathing was stable. He shook her then. Softly grabbing her shoulders and shaking them. 'Misaki? You okay?' He spoke in a worried voice. This wasn't a good start for their adventure. They weren't even that far from the convent and she had already fainted. Maybe it's the newness of it all? Thorin placed the back of his hand against her forehead. 'Gods she's hot.' He thought back from the moment they had stepped out of the gates of the convent to the present. Had she actually drunk something during the walk? Thorin shook his head. 'I don't think she has.' He then grabbed the flask with water that was hooked on his satchel. Muttering to himself. 'Sixteen. Why let a minor walk out of the convent? And one who's a pacifist at that.' He held her head up. Resting it on the palm of his hand. Thorin uncapped the flask with his teeth and poured some water between her lips. 'Misaki. Drink.' She wasn't reacting at all. It seemed like she was having a nightmare. Her eyes moving rapidly under her lids. Muttering undistinguishable words.
He shook his head. She's too weak to travel. If we're having troubles now, then how will it be on the main land. There's still hundreds of miles for us to travel. If it isn't thousands. He looked back to where they had came from. Should he carry her back to the covent? Failure wasn't an option in his eyes and returning with an unconscious kid would look exactly that. He tried to wake her again. Shaking her more roughly and yelling at her. 'Misaki! Wake up!'

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:52 am

Misaki opened her eyes, but there weren't of her usually purple colour: they were matt grey.
She was having that dream, again.
Since she could remember, she had always dreamed that same nightmare...
But this time was different..

At the end of the nightmare, while her tears were falling down to her opened eyes, a woman and family voice called her

MISAKI.. MISA...

She saw a purple hair young woman with two eyes with different colour: the right eye was dark blue, the other one was ice white. She was beautiful, with her face tattooed both sides.

MISA I'M ME, HARUKA... YOU'RE SISTER!

Had she a sister? Where was she? HARUKA? Wasn't she the Pyromancer? The person Thorin had to capture or kill, in the bad case..?

Misaki's eyes become purple, again.
She wiped the tears away and she sighed.
"If it wasn't a nightmare, then it should probably be what happened when I was child... And if Haruka is my sister... I can't let her be captured or killed!"
She thought, then smiled to Thorin
-It's all ok, sweetie!-
She jumped on the ground, she yawned and then continued to do what she was doing before the blackout: dancing,, singing and waving to everyone she met.
-We need to find her, right? Let's go!-
She took his hand in hers and walked within him, hand in hand...

Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:28 pm
Thorin's eyes almost popped out. How can she think that he would just ignore what happened. He was so confused. 'Misaki!' He said shocked and maybe louder than was intended. 'What the hell! How can you just walk on like nothing's happened just now. You do know that fainting like that isn't normal.' He watched her expression before continuing. 'Care to explain what just happened to you? I don't want something like that happening out of the blue. Please just return to the convent.' He said sternly. 'What was Bashir thinking!' He was angry now. Angry at the man he trusted and cared for. How could that old man burden him with a little kid. It was against the rules to leave the convent as a minor. Thorin never went against any of the rules. 'If you think that I'm naive and stupid, then you've got the wrong idea. Why did you come with me? Why did Bashir sent you with me?' He looked at the happy go lucky face of the girl who stood there in front him. His anger boiling even higher. Does he know that you faint like this?' He clenched his fist around the hilt of his sword. Trying to diverge the growing anger. 'TELL ME!'
Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:43 pm

Misaki stopped and looked at him. She started to cry..
-I'm so sorry! Don't be angry with me, please!-
Big tears marked her pretty face
-Bashir knows everything.. He told me to finish watching that nightmare in my dreams, 'cause It was part of me. He said to come to you, 'cause I would have found my past...-
She dried her tears with her mesh sleeve.
-Please don't be angry with me.. I could help you, really!-
She tried to calm herself; she approached Thorin and ran to him, hugging him
-Please be gentle with me-
She said, rubbing her head on his chest: it was muscular, but not so much.. He had strong arms and big hands. Misaki looked him up: he was angry.
-I know where Haruka is...-

Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:44 pm
His teeth were clenched together and his jaw was locked. Thorin couldn't look Misaki in the eyes. He knew he would get even angrier at the situation and at Bashir. It wasn't her fault that Bashir had sent her to him. He knew it. She had to follow any order of the leader of the Order. There was no flaw in following the order that has been put on you, but Thorin couldn't understand why he wasn't informed. He thought himself as Bashir's son. It was true that every disciple was seen as equal, but you couldn't change the fact that guardians helped you a lot more during convent years. A lot of the disciples on the outside held constant contact with their guardian in the convent. Bashir even told him stories about disciples who he had raised. Who had left the convent to become renowned fighters. Thorin closed his eyes and counted to ten. Then sighed. He unclenched his fingers, opened his eyes to look at the sky and rubbed his face. 'What does that mean? How do you know where Haruka is?' Gazing down at the girl's face when he said that. Her arms were still around his waist. She was a bit too close for his comfort. So he placed his own hands on her shoulders to gently push her away. Seperating their bodies a few inches. 'Could you...also keep a bit more distance?' He said hessitantly. 'And I'm sorry for making you cry, but you need to understand my situation. I'm here to prove my loyalty to the Order. To show them that I deserve everything I've been given. Their love, their help. But you...' He brushed his knuckles on the side of Misaki's face. '...and Bashir give me a feeling of supreme stupidity by not informing me of things.' He took a deep breath. 'I'm trying to do this seriously, ya know?'
Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:54 pm

Misaki suffered a bit, when he broke her away from his chest, but held back her tears.
She started to walk, head down, and quietly she apologized
-Sorry.. I will not touch you anymore, I promise!-
Then she continued
-I don't know about Bashir's plans.. SORRY!-
She started to cry, without him understand:
-I know where she is 'cause Haruka is in my past...
But I can't tell you anything more, 'cause I've to discover few informations about her...-
She sighed, dried her tears and looked up the sky
-The sky is really blue here!-
Then she continued
-Let's say.. I know where Haruka is, thanks to my powers... I THINK-

Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:39 pm
Gods, a feeling of guilt rushed over Thorin. He didn't mean to hurt the girl, but what did she expect. He had a mission to accomplish and he was going to keep his word to fulfill it whatever it took. Why did girls always do this to him? He didn't understand them. Not at all. At the convent were girls who liked him, but he didn't give them much attention. They acted the same way as Misaki. It always started small. A talk, a laugh, then some touching here and there and then they wanted more. But he never had gone much further than the touching. Than the hugging. He sighed in frustration. 'What to do?' He thought. He walked towards her and stopped next to her. Standing close. The side of his arms brushing against her. He gazed up just like her. 'Yeah, it is.' He said softly. Thorin wanted to ask more about her powers, but decided to leave it for another time. He looked towards the direction of Newport. 'Let's go Misa. We'll be arriving in Newport in a bit. There's still enough time to go across the Dark waters. We can arrange some sleeping quarters in Lanoken and even ask around in the local drinking holes.'

Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:14 pm

Misaki looked at him next to her. She blushed, but wanted finishing to blush and smile and hug and ecc.
He didn't like those things. She tried to be as serious as she could.
-Ok- She nodded.
After thirty minutes, they arrived to the port: they had few hours to sleep, before the ship sailed.
Misaki watched Thorin asking for two rooms in the tavern, where to sleep. The tavern owner was a big old man, very basta+rd who wanted a lot of money.
Misaki approached Thorin and put her right hand on his left arm.
-Leave it to me, please-
She smiled at him and looked at the big man. That man laughed a lot
WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO DO, LITTLE GIRL?
She watched him in the eyes
-We want two rooms in the tavern and we want being woken up in three hours-
The man was almost hypnotized
YES SURE
-And we want some food too, please. And since you were so bad with us, we don't want to pay you!-
YES, NO WORRIES! FOLLOW ME. YOU'LL HAVE WHAT YOU WANT
She smiled and looked to Thorin
-Let's go, Thorin!-

Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:01 pm
'What's...happening?' Thorin looked from Misaki to the tavern owner and then back to Misaki. He lifted his hand and waved it in front of the man's face. 'Misaki?' Thorin grabbed her arm and stopped her in her tracks. 'Are you able to impose your will on other people?' Still waving that hand in front of the other man. He didn't even care to look at her face. The man in front of him was more interesting. The guy's eyes were glazed. It was something he hadn't seen before. He knew almost every ability there was. He was trained for it. Taught to anticipate every move of his adversaries. But this. This was new. 'Is it mind control?' He asked absently while moving his face closer to the man's. Scrutinizing every inch of the bigger male. The hand that was gripping Misaki tightened and pulled her closer. Thorin moved her almost against the proprietor. Then slowly turned his own face to her but never breaking his gaze on the other man. 'You are joking right? Tell me that I'm seeing things?'
Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:13 pm

Misaki giggled.
-I told you, I could help you!-
She laughed and turned to the tavern owner and the other four big men in the tavern
-BOYS, isn't he so cute, when confused?-
She smiled
YES, YES HE IS!
All the men answered her.
She looked at him, more confused..
-It's not mind control. If it was that power, it vanished when I've not looked in the eyes..-
PLEASE, CUTIE, FOLLOW ME TO THE TABLE, SO YOU CAN EAT OUR BEST DISHES!
The owner took her and him in the best table, outside, under a flower trellis.
-Very nice, thanks Omar!-
YOU'RE WELCOME, MYLADY
-It's my voice! If I want I can make someone do whatever I want.. Everyone, even if this person is powerful, like Bashir.-
Then she looked at him
-But I didn't use my power on him! I don't usually my powers!! Only if It's necessary.. and Now you know why I don't use them!-
The man gave her a lot of food.
MYLADY, I HOPE YOU LOVE THIS FOOD I'VE PREPARED FOR YOU!
He smiled and she nodded to him
-Let's eat something, Thorin and then we can go to bed-
WE ONLY HAVE ONE ROOM, MYLADY.. I'M SORRY!
She swallowed...

Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:21 am
Oh that was so typical. He could have figured that there was just one room. 'Well we're only going to rest for a few hours. If you don't mind I will stay here and talk with our friend Omar.' Motioning at the man when he placed the cutleries. 'I'm not tired anyways. I think you on the otherhand have to rest. Seeing that you fainted on the walk here.' He wouldn't sleep with Misaki in one room let alone in one bed. He wasn't used to sharing his room with anyone and didn't want to start now. Sleeping closeby someone in nature under the stars was okay. It was better to do that because it was benificial to both parties. Keeping the heat going was the logical choice. But sleeping with someone while there was no sense in doing that was just...weird.
Thorin moved to scewer a piece of meat on his fork. He thought about all the possibilties to use this power of Misaki. It could help them in a lot of ways and come in handy in sticky situations. The thought of her using it on Bashir was preposterous. He would obviously know. That man had so many ways to get to the thruth. It had even scared him a few times in the past. Keeping secrets was just not a good idea. So that thought hadn't even lingered long. 'So Misaki...Would you use that power on me?'

Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:54 am

Misaki thanked Omar, but she refused
-I don't want to rest, if Thorin doesn't want to.. SO no worries, thanks!-
She smiled and the owner nodded.
Then she looked in Thorin's eyes
-I didn't faint 'cause I'm sick or for anything like this... It was a dream about my past life.. It's the same when I was two.-
She continued
-But today it was different... I saw Haruka... She called me and I saw where she lives-
She paused and looked at the sea: the colour of water was so limpid...
She sighed and then she explained something more about her charming power: she'd never do such a thing, before...
-My voice is a charming for people, but I think for animals too. I can order everything I want... But I don't want use my power! I've used it on Omar, 'cause I saw in his eyes he didn't want to give you anything 'cause you were part of the Order. He hates Order followers, as the other men you can see in the tavern.-
She continued
-And NO! I don't want use my power, if not necessary!
Why should I use my power over you?-
She questioned him..

Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:27 pm
Thorin eyed the girl. She seemed to be telling the truth. Pacifists never wanted to use their power. The reason why had always eluded him. He should make her use it more often to question people. No harm in that right? 'I dunno, Misaki. Our little travel hasn't started with a lot of honesty. I was just making sure. If I even sense that you have, then I'll probably kill you myself.' He looked up from his food at Misaki. His face all serious. 'Nothing is more worse than control that's taken from you. The inability to think for yourself, make your own decisions, move your own body...' A shiver ran over his spine just thinking about it. '..that would be even worse than death.' His face took on a less dire expression. 'So does this ability of yours have any side effects?'
Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:01 pm

Misaki knew what Thorin said: lost your mind control was the worst thing ever.. Death was a gift, in comparison.
-No, it doesn't. This power is something I've when I was two.. Bashir discovered it!-
This was Bashir said to her a lot of time...
She trusted only him and she wanted stay with him, always.. and so her voice.. well her crying, charmed him and he did always whatever Misaki-baby wanted. He discovered her powers when she remained mute for few months, due to a bad influence and throat infection. He understood she had charming voice.. But of course! Without the voice, her power was useless...

-My charming power is not dangerous, for me...
But If you see me fainting again, don't be afraid or worried.. It's normal... really! I don't know if it's another power or not.. But as you saw before, when the blackout finishes, I wake up without any problems, really..-
She smiled at him: Bashir told her she could have another power, but she had to discover it by herself...
He didn't want to tell her anything about her new power.. Only to watch and stay calm during the blackouts...

She finished to eat and called Omar
-Omar could I use your bathroom, please? I need a relaxing bath-
SURE MYLADY!
He went in a little room, waited for few minutes and gave her the key.
I PUT HOT BUBBLY WATER WITH SOME CANDLES AND NEW CLOTHES FOR YOU, AS YOU WISHED!
She thanked
-Please, all.. When I'll be absent, be good with him!-
She pointed to Thorin and smiled
YES YES, DON'T DOUBT IT, MYLADY!
They all said at the same time and nodded.
-Ok Thorin, I need a bath and then I'll be good!-
She kissed his left cheek and blushed
-Oh sorry... I forgot you don't want be touched.-
She apologized.
She approached the bathroom and entered.
YOU'RE LUCKY MAN, SHE'S A CUTE GIRL!
Omar said and smiled to him.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:50 pm
There was still food on the table when Misaki left. What a waste to leave it. Thorin plucked some grapes from the fruitbowl and threw them in the air. Catching them with his mouth. He pondered about the things Misaki had said. She had tried to reassure him. Said that he shouldn't be worried about her fainting, but that's just stupid. How can't you be worried about a person who faints without any warning? That would be a real bother in any kind of dangerous situation. Thorin chewed on the grapes and spat the seeds in the little wooden bowl in front of him. 'So her ability doesn't have any after effects on her huh?' Thorin looked at the knife beside his plate. He concentrated on the blunt edge of the blade. Willing it to mold and bend. Rearranging the molecular structure of the metal. The edge of the blade started to shimmer. A light glow illuminating the edge before evaporating and leaving a shiny sharp side where there was oxidation and rust. Thorin smiled and picked the knife up. Running his nail over the blade to test the sharpness. He took a citrus fruit from the table and cut it in two. The blade going through it like it was butter. This little show of power drained him. Not much but he could sense it leaving his body when he used it. The bigger the material the more it drained him. Thorin sighed. Misaki was lucky. Lucky for not having to deal with this weakness. She could just throw it out there and not be affected. He on the other hand could only use it when it was really needed. When situations got dire. Small things like the knife were nothing, though. He could do that almost without effort. But such small transformations were useless.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> 1x1 RPs [Nov.'19] All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8