Angel's Shop [W] Some Old Rares
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117  Next
Angel Spirit Girl

Long-term Citizen
Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:28 pm
I am doubtful of my coloring skills, Kiyo. That is why I don't intend to enter the contest.

I can hardly wait for the workmen to do the touch ups -- and do the other bathroom, too.

My computer is on the fritz, so I had to send it to Best Buy for the Geeks of the Squad to fix. I can hardly wait for it to be fixed. x.x

Kiyo Ayanami

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:37 pm
But if we don't get one more entry no wings! At the very least it would get one pair into circulation again. (Although which size pair are the ones you are actually looking for?)

Long-term Citizen
Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:07 am
I checked my inventory and found that the wings I am looking for are the gold yorick ones that are so very old. Scant chance of getting them. Oh well.

There are lots of lovely gold and silver clothes in the event store. However, I did not see a gold gown to match the silver one at the bottom of the shop. I do hope there will be a gold one, though.

Kiyo Ayanami

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:04 am
I think I remember those. . . Yeah, I've only got the Yoricks Fury Wings and Yoricks Dragon Wings (some of my favorites but still not the ones)

Maybe they are saving the gold version for later? Maybe a Smuggler item perhaps?

Long-term Citizen
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:32 pm
The gold yorick wings are a really old item. I remember several years ago there was one copy in the smuggler's shop and some people pooled an enormous amount of gold to get them. Now they share the wings between them.

Perhaps the gold robe will be in the smuggler's shop or a log in gift. I do not think they will have a quest, so it can't be a quest prize. I suppose they could put it in the gem shop with a set of stuff possibly. Hummm. I hope they did not just miss making it.

Phoenix Luna Blaze Cloud

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:53 pm
That's impressive that they all managed to pool in the gold to get it. I remember wanting to get those wings for a while back when I first joined. They're still very pretty.

There's a possibility that it's been made but it just got looked over somehow. From what I can tell, it's the only item in the event shop that doesn't have both colors.
Angel Spirit Girl

Long-term Citizen
Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:23 am
There is now an avatar contest with the gold wings as a prize if twenty people or more enter. *o*

Oh! I found that the gold robe was actually in the tailor's shop. However, Queen Blazestorm has made a dark gold recolor and made both robes named "gala" to go with the rest of the set.

Kiyo Ayanami

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:27 am
How has that contest not BLOWN UP?! Oh jeez, now I gotta go change. This is not even flashy enough for a proper gala!

Long-term Citizen
Sat May 18, 2019 1:49 am
We may not have gotten enough people entered into the avatar contest to have a chance at gold wings, but I entered. Not only did I enter, but astoundingly enough I actually won with my humble silver outfit and won a gem. Yay! <3

Now that the Eidyllion event going on again, I may have to change up my outfit to fit the new season that is coming. Yay Spring! ^.^ The new items in the event shop look lovely.

Meanwhile I am having to get some estimates for work to be done to the sewer line of my real life house. There will finally be people coming tomorrow and Wednesday.

OK. Now that I have this new sewer work estimate, things are not looking as bad. For a bit less than a third of the first person's estimate of replacing all the pipe, I can get the roots removed and the part from the house to the curb lined with plastic.

Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Sat May 18, 2019 3:26 am
You did win; see, you never know what will happen, so entering is always worth it. Very Happy And congrats, I loved your silver outfit. Very Happy

Will the plastic hold up better over time?
Angel Spirit Girl

Long-term Citizen
Sat May 18, 2019 12:40 pm
Thank you. <3 I was quite surprised and happy to have won.

Meanwhile I am sporting a Spring outfit now. I see you are, too. Nice fresh green dragon look you have there.

The plastic lining will keep the tree roots from coming back in through the gaps between the clay pipe sections. Otherwise over time the roots would block and crack the sewer pipes. I had the work done just in time, too. The sewer was starting to back up if I washed my hair, or clothes or dishes. Unfortunately, the yard ended up with a big torn up spot in it. They dug up the sewer trap and put in a new one to make sure everything was clear when the got rid of the roots. Now I will have to work on repairing the yard a bit, but the weather is rainy currently.

I also had the huge tree in my front yard groomed a bit. There were a few branches that were too low and had begun drooping. People over five foot tall would have trouble walking under them. I had someone come and cut them off, as well as some branches that were drooping on the wires to the house. Plus there were branches in the back yard that were sprawling into the way as well.

Next up on my home improvement list is the kitchen and the front door. I had a preliminary meeting with an interior designer yesterday. Now I need to get a more specific idea of what I want the new kitchen to look like.

Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Sat May 18, 2019 5:45 pm
Thank you! I love making outfits with these horns. Though, when I have time, it's time to make another outfit. Yes

Our lawn service recently cut the low branches of our trees for that exact reason. It looks amazing.

We were talking of replacing our doors, but then we discovered how expensive good doors actually are. One definitely needs to be replaced, since it doesn't quite fit right, and a good wind blows the door open unless if we lock it. I'm not sure where we are at with that project. There's still a bunch of little projects to take care of, none of which we seem to have the energy for. Ugh.

You have your fair share of home improvement projects going on. Is the current kitchen too small? I remember when my parents had their kitchen redone; they were much happier with the end result.
Angel Spirit Girl

Long-term Citizen
Mon May 20, 2019 11:34 pm
My home is over fifty years old and is has not really had any remodeling. Now it needs everything. The wood front door has cracks and the knob sticks. Ugh! There is a draft under the sidelights, too. The back door needs replaced as well.

I got an estimate for a gorgeous front door with decorative glass from Anderson. Did want. <3 But guess what? It was some forty thousand dollars as I recall. MEDIC! 0.o Sticker shock victim here.

The kitchen is a little small and awkward. It needs redoing just like the rest of the house did / does. I don't really know how to make it any bigger, though. I'm just going to try to maximize the space I have.

I did bathrooms last year and they turned out beautifully. I should enjoy the kitchen just as much when it is done.

Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Tue May 21, 2019 8:30 pm
Yeah, old houses certainly need a little work to keep up with modern times. That, and things just get old and break. I'm worried about our electrical wiring, though I'm not sure how much of that worry is reasonable or unreasonable. I think it will be okay for now though.

O.O forty thousand dollars for a front door.....oh good gravy.
Angel Spirit Girl

Long-term Citizen
Tue May 21, 2019 11:40 pm
It was the most lip liking-ist gorgeous door ever, but hearing the price makes you either choke or wonder if you can still hear.

I am having the circuit box replaced, and the kitchen wiring redone, and several switches replaced - mainly ones connected with the porch and front hall. No one wants to blow the power out, or have something spark and burn.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Castle Bazaar All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117  Next
Page 114 of 117