Angel's Shop [W] Some Old Rares
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117  Next
Angel Spirit Girl

Long-term Citizen
Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:56 am
Not all the time. There are plenty of times when I do not have someone to take my spot during the work day. In fact, most of the time I am not able to ask to step off the line. I would have to yell for someone to find a sub for me, or there would not be enough people available to find a sub.

EDIT : December 25th

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope you all are having a lovely day, and are doing well on the event.

EDIT : December 30th

I seem to have the Christmas events that I am playing here and there on the internet well in hand and almost done. Now if only I could find a seller of that Poison Potion item from a few Halloweens ago.

EDIT : February 11th

Ah! How delightful. We have the Eidyllion festival here again -- now with a merpeople theme. I will have to begin earning tulips for the tails, fins, and clothes in the event shop - even though the tulips look more like orchids to me. XD

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:28 pm
Angel Spirit Girl wrote:
even though the tulips look more like orchids to me. XD

I was thinking the same thing, but they're so cute I didn't let it bother me. XD They also remind me of irises, but my family always called them flags.

Long-term Citizen
Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:20 am
Yes. Iris are such pretty flowers, too. <3

I hope the deer don't eat all the flowers in my garden this year. Daffodils seem to be the only things they have not seemed to bother so far.

Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:06 am
Aren't there plants and flowers that deer don't eat? I've never had to deal with deer eating my plants....just cats using my garden as a liter box :/
Angel Spirit Girl

Long-term Citizen
Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:04 pm
Yes there is something the deer do not eat. As I mentioned, the one thing that the deer do not bother are the DAFFODILS. That is the only thing in the garden. Any other flower or vegetable or fruit they devour. I live in Pennsylvania, and there are more deer than people in this state. Herds of them wander through my yard regularly. I have almost never seen cats running around my neighborhood.
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:30 pm
A house that we almost moved into had their garden fenced off. They were having problems with deer too. That must be super annoying.
Angel Spirit Girl

Long-term Citizen
Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:10 am
I live in a two story, four bedroom house with a fair sized yard that I inherited from my parents. I never had a job that paid enough to move out, so this fifty-two year old house is the one I grew up in. It needs updating and upkeep and remodeling and decluttering, so I am getting work done on it project by project. I took Halloween off in order to have the window guys come back and do some touch ups. They also need the rest of the money I owe them, too. XD

I'm glad to hear that you have a nice new job that you like. I have had rather a chore to get a new job each time I have needed one. The job I have now is not one I enjoy all that much, but it does get me an income. Plus it is pretty understanding if you need a day off. I asked the chiropractor for a note since I can get so sore from work. We had quite a few weeks of four ten hour days earlier in the year, but five twelve hour days - plus eight hours on Saturday is a bit much for my taste.

Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:17 am
I thought I was losing my marbles, but then I realized you posted the same thing in both of your threads. Laughing

Funny, my last post in this thread was referring to the first house we tried to move to, but it didn't work out. We just couldn't sell our house in time and had to back out of the contract, or lose 6k. This new house is in the same area as the first, and also has deer. They've been eating the rose bushes. >.< I've never had to deal with that before, so I'm not sure what I want to do yet. I don't really want to put up dear netting. And from what I was reading online about dear repellent, you need to be super diligent with it, and sometimes they get used to it and will start eating your plants again. Oh, and the dear in your area may have different tastes, and might eat plants that are deemed a natural deer repellent. So I won't know what works until I start trying things. Oi.
Angel Spirit Girl

Long-term Citizen
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:40 pm
Yeah. Pardon my babble. I was looking for something to say to earn ghosts for the Halloween event shop.

I'm glad you found a house you like to move to finally. It must have been quite an undertaking. I have never moved.

The guy from Pella was here and did the window touch ups. Plus I made a bunch of phone calls to make arrangements for other stuff. At least I got a decent bit done today even if it wasn't a lot.

Deer are a real pest here as I have said. If you do not want to put a cage around your roses, I suggest you try planting daffodils. Daffodils, Jonquils, Narcissus, and Hyacinth seem to be the only flowers the deer here don't want to eat. I don't know if your deer are Eastern Whitetail Deer or not, but that is what we have here.

Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:40 am
No worries!

Yeah, the whole move took 13 hours, and that was with the guys we hired, and hubby and I helping. Though, it was one guy's first move ever. He looked like he was dying most of the way through it, but he did alright. As we've unpacked, I filled boxes with stuff to donate. I took about 7 medium sized moving boxes to a donation site. It feels good to get rid of stuff we just don't use.

I did some quick googling, and I think we have Mule Deer and Black-Tailed Deer. I'll do some more investigative work at some point, to see what my neighbors do and if it works. I like the flower suggestions though.
Angel Spirit Girl

Long-term Citizen
Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:01 pm
I donated most of my Mom's clothes after she died, and finished donating the rest of them this summer. We were not the same size, so there are very few of her clothes that I kept. I also got rid of some old furniture and books, and had some old papers shredded. I still have more of the same to do, but at least I made a good start. I should be able to achieve my goal of having a Christmas tree this year.

Black-Tail and Mule deer are probably much like White-tails deer -- those rats with antlers. >.< Good luck with your garden.

Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:10 am
We donated some of our furniture too, since we didn't have space for everything. That, and we didn't have a need for some things too.

Thanks. I think I'm going to wait until the approach of spring to do anything. I won't really have to worry about my future veggie garden. There's a big green house, so that takes care of the deer problem. At least it's just the roses I have to worry about right now.
Angel Spirit Girl

Long-term Citizen
Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:41 am
I have some other furniture I will see about getting rid of later. I think I have too many chairs, but I am not sure which ones to get rid of.

You have a greenhouse? Oooo! Lucky! That will keep the deer out for sure. Those critters might be cute, but they make a mess.

UPDATE : December 19th

My new bathroom is looking great. <3 There are some small things needed to be done to finish the main bathroom, though. I am also waiting for the tile I ordered for the master bathroom to come in so that can be redone as well.

Kiyo Ayanami

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:18 am
Did you see the prize they are offering for the Coloring Contest?? You may want to go take a look ^_~

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:21 am
Yay for the bathroom being almost finished!
I know I'll be entering the contest. There are already three entries up, so with mine that will make four. Hopefully more will enter so at least one person can get a pair of wings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Castle Bazaar All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117  Next
Page 113 of 117