Angel's Quest for Wings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
Angel Spirit Girl

Long-term Citizen
Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:09 pm
At least solia tried to get people back the items they could. It was a complete recode, so everything had to be put back in. I believe they gave currency compensation where they could not transfer them - like in the case of custom items. Some people who were not active for a long time and did not know what was going on like I did really did feel robbed. At least solia was able to plan and make a more flexible and game - like site out of their reboot.

Then there are times where you do not want to have to worry about grinding and keeping up with items and announcements. You just want to sit back and chill for a minute. Places like zantarni and menewsha are for that.

Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:43 pm
I think I might be a little sad if Gaia went under, only because I think I have some threads that are bookmarked. I'd want the chance to screenshot some things, or maybe find another way to connect with any friends on other sites.

It's funny, I joined Gaia for the roleplay, but people were so impatient, I was left behind every time I went to sleep (like a reasonably normal human). I really liked roleplaying here, because they didn't move at breakneck speed. And people actually said, "hey, let's stop posting and wait for so-and-so". It was really nice.

Not that I want to flood Zantarni, but I wonder what it would take to get regular roleplayers.
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:09 am
Angel-That's good that they tried at least.

I had one site that was supposed to redo everything and come back but they never did. I highly doubt they ever will now. They were supposed to compensate people for the RL money they spent there. I guess I'll never get that back. XD

Riley-I don't know. From what I've seen that can be hard to find. I hate that for you and others that like to rp. Sad

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:18 am
Yeah, but I make up for that with reading and writing my own stories. If I really wanted to forum roleplay that much, I still have my Gaia account, and I would make my own roleplay. So, I'm okay =)
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:18 am
I'm glad you're not too disappointed. Heart

Do they rp a lot on Gaia?

Long-term Citizen
Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:56 pm
I don't think gaia will go under, but unless they make sure they have a set of mini games going they may wane a bit more than usual. They have had a pole to see what mini games the community wants them to redo first. Zomg may be too big to tackle without a dedicated team, but booty grab could be a reasonable project. I think lake kindred is non flash. They are working on redoing towns once again as I understand.

As for role playing on gaia, most people have mentioned that guilds is the place to look for the best ones.

Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:36 pm
The role play area on Gaia was pretty busy (at least when I was active and or looking for a role play). But I never really found good role plays that were interesting to me. Then I learned what Angel said, you have to join a guild to find the really good role plays. And it isn't so much that the plot makes the role play good, it's the fellow role players that really makes the role play succeed.
Angel Spirit Girl

Long-term Citizen
Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:49 pm
Very true. How people write their posts is very important. You have to be able to con - ordinate your posting schedules and character actions. Plus you need to post grammatically well enough in order for people to read what you wrote so that they can reply.
Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:27 pm
*peeks in*
Ah, ngl, I kinda miss some of the ***** gaia rps like the millions of tavern or magic school ones that were always popping up. They were great for mucking about with new characters to decide if I wanted to develop them more or if they were too generic.
They were also good for just a quick effortless way to practice or get into rps. These days most people want such specific things that it's hard for me to get into rping because they've mapped out such a strict plot and posting schedule that I'm afraid to do anything that might go against what they want or be late in posting because of rl that they nag to post. XD
And also 90% of the mote recent rp searches I've browsed on other sites want fandom & romance which I'm not into. I miss rping though.

...sorry hope you don't mind me butting in... Embarassed

Long-term Citizen
Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:50 pm
Hello and welcome, Kaderin Triste. Nice to see you. If I had time I would use role plays to practice writing stories.
Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:04 am
Yeah, I liked using them for character development. They've definitely come in handy for figuring out personalities and all that.

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:19 pm
I don't RP so I don't have much to add to the conversation, but Happy Friday everyone! Very Happy Woop
Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:27 pm
Woohoo! Only 1 more day day of work after this until I can finally have a day off!

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:03 am
Do you have big plans for that day, Kaderin?
Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:55 pm
I'd say sleep in, but my cats start yelling if I so much as twitch after about 8am, so probably not that.
But we'll probably be getting a blizzard or at the very least some snow that day, so I'll probably hang around my apartment drinking coffee and/or tea and/or cocoa and either being ultra lazy and napping/chilling on my bed or couch watching downloaded YouTube videos or old movies or being semi-productive and making masks and/or working on a custom cat plushie order and/or personal projects like more skirts and masks for my smol dragon, Derpy or the shawlette that's been in progress for like a year now or maybe even a Christmas present for a friend or something.
Idk.
Page 37 of 39