All Things Crochet [Now with Moon Tube]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:52 pm
I'm more of an experienced knitter, but I dabble with crochet in hopes of getting better. My sis always did better at it than I.

But I love yarn related projects! I've been working on knitting a purse now for like 2 months. Mostly cause I keep getting distracted by things I'd rather be doing... (mostly computer things)

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:09 pm
I'm horrible about leaving big projects to sit forever. My poor moose is almost a year old and only a bit over half way done. XP

I'll probably work on him a bit this weekend if I get past my other projects and commissions.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:37 pm
WishingMoon wrote:
You could probably pick it up again pretty quickly.
I have tried to pick up crocheting again. And struggled terribly. I tried to correct my hand posture and in doing so I found that I couldn't even make a consistent chain. My Chaining went from all pretty much the same tension to all over the place

I'm terrible about not finishing ANY project. I start things and then start more things and then get distracted by something else (a kid or three, another project, the blasted computer etc) and forget I was even working on the project. It bites. I have screen doors sitting on my porch waiting to be spray painted and re-screen-ed they've been there all summer. :/ It's bad when i start cleaning up a particularly messy area in my house or the storage room and I find 20 some started but not finished projects and then I remember why that area is so messy... it's because I get distracted sooo easily...

WishingMoon

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:17 pm
Tension comes from practice. Maybe a change in hook will help too.

I'm not quite that bad. Normally anything bigger then 10"'s and basic details is where I start to have trouble. Or if it just doesn't look good. -eyes two scarfs-

Though I will say I am horrible with picking up drawing. This room just feels awful to do it in and I lost the program I like to use.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:02 pm
I like to make the toys with crochet. I think they look better than knitted. I made this cute unicorn toy for my daughter's second birthday. It turned out well enough I'm hoping to make some more for my nieces and nephews for Christmas possibly. Here's a link to the pattern I used.Lil' Baby Unicorn Biggest problem I had with it was the mane, and that could have been fixed with some better lighting cause I couldn't see what I was doing.
Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:02 pm
My issue I think is that my tension was great before changing my hand posture. As I've always been able to chain (well since I was about 8 anyhow) but I couldn't remember how to move on after a little while of not doing it. :/ I'm special like that I suppose. Even after being shown how to do a double crochet I couldn't move on. O_O everyone else who was there finished there project and I (the dur dit dur that I am) couldn't even get past chaining lol

WishingMoon

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:06 pm
That unicorn is so cute!

I have to agree, stuffed animals look a lot better in crochet. Though I have to say I've seen some stunning ones in knitting too

Jazz: That is a bit weird to me. Any way to get past that?

Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:43 pm
I am hoping so anyhow. Once I get better at knitting I'd like to go back to crochet they are both super relaxing to me Very Happy I like crafting but yarn craft is my zen when I'm not being sabotaged!!!

WishingMoon

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:02 pm
I like to keep my hands busy and I find it really easy just to grab something and go.
Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:23 pm
My hands are constantly needing to be busy but sadly yarn isn't the first thing I reach for. I grab my laptop first. Surprised Much to my husband's dismay. He'll say "lets watch a movie," and to me that means lets watch a movie while scoping over facebook or perusing pinterest or lurking on Zan or any number of other activities Razz

WishingMoon

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:52 pm
I do that too.
Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:46 am
Do you have any preferred yarn? Material, Brand, weight?

WishingMoon

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:54 am
Cotton, nothing that comes to mind except cheap so I can affored it, and small enough for a G hook. (Though H and F are close too.)
Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:48 pm
I'm in the mood to crochet, but no time for it.
/being crushed by knitting WIPs.

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:57 pm
I'm right there with you.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 3 of 69