Hey look, you just found a training ticket, better keep this might come in handy over at the battle training gym
[Claim It]
All Things Crochet [Now with Moon Tube]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 73, 74, 75  Next
WishingMoon

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:42 pm
That's ok.

I've been playing Minecraft for 3 days and likely am not thinking myself. XD

Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:19 am
LOL! Laughing

That reminds me, after watching some of your videos, I was going to ask if you liked playing 'Digimon'.

WishingMoon

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:47 am
I have two Digivices that I bust out every few years. I don't have anything but a long list of games I hope to one day get.
Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:01 am
So that's like a digital pet thinger? Sorry, I haven't learnt a lot about 'Digimon' yet, but what I've seen makes me think it's pretty interesting.

WishingMoon

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:49 am
That's ok. XD I'm happy to give a rundown.

Digimon is an offshoot of Tamagachie(sp). They were having a hard time marketing to boys so they added a fighting element. As you take care of them they get stronger. If they are neglected they go bad. (This is mostly in the early versions but is sometimes mentioned in the Anime.)

The main idea is you get a Digital partner to help you save their world (and sometimes your own). You get a special device and special items to make them evolve.

The Digivices that I use are step counters and they help move you forward.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:50 pm
Ohhhhhh.

So... no pet on the digivices themselves? *thinking of Tamagochi*

WishingMoon

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:21 pm
Depends. There are 20 years worth of them and they all are a little different. The originals were probably more like Tamagochi were any made post anime is more "story" based. I only know what the anime ones do and have never seen the pre-series Tamagachi ones. (I would like to get one more to learn the differences but they are super expensive. Some never came out in America.)

On the two I have it is like a quest where you add or drop Digimon as you go. You rotate between your main team and you can rescue one on a map and it stays with you till the end of that map.

Some of them do have feed/clean options but the ones I use do not. There is medical if needed.

There is at least one mini-game to help you move faster.

The "story" is really simple there are 3 dots on a map. One has a village that gives you stuff to make you stronger. You have to find that one first (it doesn't tell you which is which.) Then you go to the first boss and then the second. You typically have to go in that order.

There are events that can be good or bad and smaller battles along the way.

And that is pretty much it.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:14 pm
Ahhh, so there's a little bit of playing available.

Have you seen the IOS/phone 'Digimon' game? Somebody was all excited about it over on KofK.

WishingMoon

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:19 am
Nope. Though I'm not surprised there is one.

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:59 pm
Wow, Digimon takes me back XD
Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:27 am
If it were on PC it'd be one of the games I'd consider trying. I'm becoming curious about non MMO animated games.

WishingMoon

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:13 am
Riley: doesn't it? I still need to see Tri that came out a few years ago and is still coming out.

Weird: Anything specific?

Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:58 pm
Not really, yet. Though I've wondered if I'd have fun playing with modded 'Skyrim'. Inigo appears to be stupidly funny in an endearing way. I just don't have very good hand eye coordination with animated games. I can play 'Wizard 101' (one of my two MMOS) well, but it's got those cinematic camera angles that can sometimes poop me out. I prefer games that don't need my whole attention, or the whole computer screen, so that I can IM with friends as I play.

WishingMoon

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:05 am
Since Skyrim is an open world and does have a good few mods it may be a very good place to start.

I don't play non rpg type games. Not because of lack of interest it is lack of funds. Plus games take so much time. So does art, so does reading, and keeping up with people. DX

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:31 pm
Price would also be a factor. I was watching people start out on 'Divinity: Original Sin 2', and even though I didn't like the story, the game play and combat looked interesting and doable. But the game's over fifty dollars. I just don't have it. Books are cheaper!

Yeah. *points to what I said up there* I hear you on the funds thing. By non RPG, what do you mean?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Artists' Quarter All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 73, 74, 75  Next
Page 68 of 75