Adam's Training
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> 1x1 RPs [Nov.'19]
Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:30 am
Adam's Training thread.

Caine waited for Fiona to leave then did the same thing. He took Adam's hand and took him through to a new place. It had a small cabin at the foot of a great mountain. A stream ran past the cabin and into a huge lake about three hundred metres away. It looked like such an idyllic place.

"Beautiful isn't it?" Gerard said as he strode up to meet Adam.
Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:18 pm
Adam took it all in then looked at Gerard and nodded his head.

"Yes it is" Adam said and turned and looked at Caine and put his hand out.

"Thanks for bring me here" He said then looked back at Gerard.

"I will give you one hundred percent, all I ask from you is that you teach me to be the best I can be" Adam said.
Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:33 pm
Caine looked to Gerard, "Gerard is the best, he is the strongest and honestly, he is the best of us all." he said and clapped his brother on the back. "You will be fine Adam, if you need anything, just ask Gerard."

Gerard smiled, "Well thanks Caine, high praise indeed, I had best live up to it," he added with a laugh as they watched Caine leave via trump. "Alright, I guess the first thing you will need is attire that will suit your training, come on," he added and led Adam into the cabin.

Inside was very basic and an older woman was pottering around in the kitchen, cooking what smelled to be a stew and bread in the oven. She ignored both Gerard and Adam, in fact, she looked through them as if they were not there.

Gerard opened a trunk and handed Adam some soft leather pants and boots. "Don't worry about a shirt, your endurance training starts now." he said with a smile.
Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:15 am
Adam changed into the pants and looked at Gerard.

"I know what endurance is, but it seems its a big part of my skill a very big part. Can you explain it to me while I do push ups or what ever it is you have planned for me?" Adam asked.
Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:49 am
Gerard roared with laughter, "I will explain it to you, but here. Endurance will help you fight for longer. You need a kick start to get your natural talents to surface." he said. "Now, see that mountain, run to the top," he said and pointed to the steep snow capped mountain that the cabin sat at the foot of. "I will give you half an hour." he said and sat down on a rocking chair. "Off you go."
Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:09 am
Adam looked up at the mountain then back at Gerard.

"You're not serious are you?" Adam asked, when he seen Gerard was indeed serious Adam took a deep breath and began running hard and fast. The whole time Adam was wondering was this actually a joke as he made his way up the mountain.
Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:13 am
It will have taken just over half an hour to just run to the top. The path was very well worn as if it had been done hundreds of times before. When Adam got to the top, he could see out over the lake and he could see a forest and then a plain, then the ocean.
Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:18 am
Adam found his breathing was not that bad for the run he had just done. As he caught his breath he looked out at the view and gave a slight nod of his head it was indeed a view to behold.Looking down at the cabin Adam took a deep breath and began the run back down on the track that had been well used before him.
Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:52 am
When he came back down, Gerard was waiting, "So did you see the ocean?" he asked, knowing that the view would catch anyone's eye. "Well by the end of this, you will be running there and back." he added.
Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:57 am
Adam nodded his head that he has seen the ocean.

"Yep I seen it, its a great view from up there" Adam said then gasped at what Gerard said next.

"Run there and back, that will take forever" Adam said.
Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:59 am
Gerard tossed Adam a set of binoculars and a pocket watch. "Go up to the top of the mountain again," he said. "Then you can time me and watch how long it takes for me to run there and back," he said and nodded for him to go.

When Adam got to the top of the mountain, Gerard set off. Literally, to the second it took Gerard half an hour to get to the beach then half an hour to get back.
Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:08 am
Adam looked down at the stop watch as Gerard reached the ocean and could not believe what he had seen and he was just as impressed when Gerard made it back in the same time. Adam came down of the mountain and grinned at Gerard.

'Okay I'm impressed, very damn impressed." Adam said shaking his head.
Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:50 am
Gerard was waiting for Adam. "You will be able to do that, maybe in less time than me. But my talent is strength." he said with a shrug and a smile. "So, this time, run to the lake, swim across, swim back and run back here...
Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:58 am
Adam let out a long deep breath and nodded his head. Adam set off as he did he called out.

"Just as well I can swim" He yelled and pushed on faster.
Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:22 am
Gerard roared with laughter, "You would figure it out eventually!" he yelled after him.

After a gruelling morning, Gerard said it was time for the midday meal. The woman who tended the cabin had a hot meal on the table.

"It will be a little while before your body gets out of human mode," Gerard said and grabbed a fresh roll.
Page 1 of 8