Well, that's an interesting twist! XD
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:29 pm
Hello everyone!

Just a quick announcement to let you know that the Knights and I have decided to relax the site rules concerning double-posting a little bit.

Where before, except for setting up a thread, you could not post immediately after yourself, we have decided to let you post up to three times in a row, regardless of what thread you're in or what specific forum you're posting in.

This is not to say we want to see spamminess take over Zantarni -we'll still yell at you for that if you try it- but rather that we recognize the convenience and the occasional necessity of posting a couple of times in a row... whether to address different people in different posts, to "bump" a thread that has fallen in the list, or other valid reasons to double, or triple, post...

Well, now you can do that. So have at it. Just no spamming the forums! No *mean face*

And be advised that the official Site Rules have not yet been updated to reflect this change - I will get to them and make everything all super-duper official in written form just as soon as possible, but I didn't want to hold back announcing this decision while I sort out the technical details.

bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:45 am
I think the game threads should still be one post only. The whole point of those threads is to "play" with other people. Yes

But other than that...*grins like an evil toddler and runs off to cause chaos and mayhem* eBil
Riley: Bo, the Goat Whisperer. XD
Blaze: Bo, you're just chaotic... Razz Heart
9580/10000
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:17 am
This is great! I've been wanting this for a while. It makes sense since we are so small and trustworthy. Angelic Wink Thank you!

Bo, I understand what you're saying, and I agree with you, but it will be nice to bump a game that no one has replied to for a long time but they might if it was on the front page. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to bump the Count to 50 thread. XD

Queen of the Realm
Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:18 pm
You can always post suggestions within a thread to not take advantage of the triple-posting (for the sake of game play, for example) and to only double post if a thread has dropped in the list...?
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:08 am
It may be lack of sleep causing my inability to understand, but can you please clarify what you mean by "posting suggestions within a thread", Queen Blaze?

Queen of the Realm
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:21 pm
Sure Rayven.

I should probably explain that I'm thinking mostly of games threads, but what I mean is to include something in the first post like "to help keep the game fair, please only post once in a row (unless...)"

This won't really be enforceable by the Knights or myself*, but I'd like to think that people would respect the "rules of the game" and the thread owner's preference in setting it up.

Does that help?

* unless we include a stipulation in the official site rules that thread owners, as long as they're still active on Zantarni, can request limits on posting within their threads
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:34 am
Oh, I see what you mean. Thank you for clarifying, Queen Blaze. That's a good idea. When I get more time I'll add that to my threads. Personally, I don't mind what gets posted in my threads as long as it stays within your rules. I'll probably bump some of them myself when I get back from camping. Very Happy