About that little pop-up...
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Wed May 17, 2017 6:51 pm

So I've noticed things are a little slower around here than usual these days ... which is not good for our wonderful little Realm, particularly since it relies entirely on you guys to keep it going (so get off your butts, buy some gems, and post a bit... in other words, support the Realm - it needs you! Yes )...

But I was also recently reminded that I never did publicly address something that might be dissuading some of you from signing in to Zantarni in the first place -- as of Firefox's early-April software update... if you use the Firefox browser... you might be seeing a new little pop up appearing on the sign-in page warning you that "This connection is not secure. Logins entered here could be compromised."

To be clear,
nothing has changed on Zantarni; it is still as secure as it always has been. This warning box is an arbitrary decision by Firefox (etc.) to enforce SSL encryption on all websites as a standard protocol. It is not Zantarni, and there is nothing wrong with Zantarni or the security measures that are in place here. In fact, if you are not already seeing these "warnings" elsewhere around the web, you soon will be [article / more information]

"But Blaze, isn't more security a good thing?" Well, you might initially think so, but there are many kinds of web security and this is targeting only one type of security / one security protocol. SSL security is not always necessary, and ultimately, the issue of site security is an issue that should be left to the web site designers/owners/administrators and not a browser (or browsers).

Again, nothing has changed on Zantarni and you run no additional security risk by signing in now than you did a month ago.

So, sign in. Post. Play. Talk. Trade. Support the Realm! ...and if you're seeing it, don't worry about that silly little warning - Zukyun and I and the Staff are keeping our eyes open and your best interests in mind! Yes

Dedicated Citizen
Thu May 18, 2017 12:14 am
You can't get rid of Bo that easily. No
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
6874/10000
Thu May 18, 2017 12:27 am
Yes Your Majesty! So sorry Your Majesty! *reluctantly gets off her big butt, and scurries quickly away* XD

Bo is like cockroaches. Impossible to get rid of (and neither wear clothes). Razz

Queen of the Realm
Thu May 18, 2017 12:45 pm
LOL! Heart

Dedicated Citizen
Thu May 18, 2017 6:15 pm
HEY! Wah!

Well, at least I'd be able to withstand a nuclear blast. Laughing
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
6874/10000
Thu May 18, 2017 6:53 pm
I's just kiddin' Bo. You know I loves ya. Very Happy

True! XD *sprays bug spray while retreating*
Mon May 22, 2017 6:18 pm
But what if all the monies are needed for RL foods and stuffs?

bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Mon May 22, 2017 10:50 pm
Posting is free and supports the site with activity. Yes

But by all means, buy some gems when you can afford to and support the site that way when you can. It's what Bo tends to do. Or buy from Sir Scarz or Lady Nema. But I occasionally swap gems for gems with Sir Scarz due to when I get paid and when the DIs leave the shop. >.>

*scurries up Rayven's leg*
6874/10000
Mon May 22, 2017 11:48 pm
*squeals as she runs around in circles* Bo you just gave me the heebie jeebies. XD *swats playfully at Bo*

It's ok Weird. I can't always spend RL money either, but I do what I can. Bo's right. Just being active, posting, and spending site currency does a lot. It gives people things to do, and to look forward to. Very Happy
Tue May 23, 2017 11:56 pm
It's just, since my brother lost his car, all my free fun money seems to be going for bus tickets and coconut rice. I am needing to relearn how to budget. Thankfully, Shoppers Drug Mart sells really nice gummie candies for a dollar a packet, so I can still get some totally useless treats! XD

And being active, I can do. On the days when Hurricane Flo and/or the sun aren't rendering my brain inoperable.

Wed May 24, 2017 2:40 am
Treats are important! I always have plenty around. XD

You're totally active. Sometimes absence just can't be avoided. I get busy with work, and can't be on as much. Right now I'm sneaking in a break. XD
Wed May 24, 2017 8:39 pm
I got myself a bigger treat yesterday too. A carton of my favourite refried pinto beans. Now I'm keeping it and anticipating it.

Sneak sneak sneak!

Thu May 25, 2017 12:02 am
What are you going to eat them with?

Ninja
Thu May 25, 2017 9:22 pm
A spork!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> The City Hall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1