A New World Awakens OOC Thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> OOC Threads [Nov.'19]
Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:29 pm
just a point i forgot to make,.. if you feel like changing up ur characters outfit, just repost the pic with something like OUTFIT UPDATE or some spit like that. remember tho, you cant change things like horns, wings, skin or hair color without justifying it in an rp.

thanks guys! new rp will be up tonight from me.

questions/comments welcome.
Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:04 am
lalalala..we need a few more people...
Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:24 am
If you give me a little description of how each stat will work in your RP, I may join as well.

And also, I like to think of myself as a bowman and magic user, would that be available?
Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:13 am
That One Guy wrote:
If you give me a little description of how each stat will work in your RP, I may join as well.

Strength- Physicality. lifting ability,etc
Dexterity- agility, coordination.
Stamina- endurance, how long your body can physically hold out under stress
Willpower- mind over matter. your ability to oush on when everything says you cant.
School- Your specialty.

That One Guy wrote:
And also, I like to think of myself as a bowman and magic user, would that be available?

id allow two schools, but you would have to make one a major, and one a minor. and just to keep it balanced, you would suffer apermanent -1 to a class of your choice(one for every 10 points you have,.. so at 10 it becomes a -2)
Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:34 pm
Interesting, so if I have 0 points in my minor school, it's considered (-1) where as my major school would still be at a 0. I can already tell from just this that a character trying two schools will be a challenge considering first post gives you three points, so my beginning stat layout would look a little like:

Str - 0
Dex - 0
Stam - 0
Will - 1 (+1)
Ma. School(Void) - 1 (+1)
Mi. School(Archery) - 0 (+1)

Do you have any set limits or max amount of points you can put into any one stat?
And is there any format to what my character bio will look like or do you just want the picture, name, schools and short RP?
Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:47 pm
your character stats will never go below zero. so if you have a zero point school, you just bottom out at zero instead of -1.

you start with a zero on all scores. blank slate. i award up to 3 points per roleplay based on length, and character progression, and interaction. i decide how THOSE three points will be alotted based on your roleplay. did you cast a lot of spells? were they long spells? school and willpower get a boost. were you cutting wood? strength boost. At first rp, you will gain a 3 point allotment to spend on your character as you see fit.

and the basic template is

Picture
school((s)maj. minor)
basic rp.

as long as i have those, im content. you can do as little or as much more as you want.
Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:19 pm
Ah, so you put my points in for me but I get to choose the first three, alright then. Give me some time to work on the sample RP and I'll put it in my next post or edit this one when ready to enter

When your magic is considered the very essence of everything and nothing, a magic that specializes in a new way of destruction that one cannot even begin to fathom... What would you do with it...
Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:27 am
u basically get to pick where they go, but it makes u develop ur character while still not being too demanding
Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:55 am
Picture:
Name: Inurem
Major School: Void Magic
Minor School: Archery
Basic RP:
~~~ Inurem was famished that night, beyond what he thought would even be starving. He tried moving quietly through the dense forest, but even he knew he was making quite a bit of noise. He searched the floor for any signs of game or prey, but with no luck. Maybe I should find a better way of picking up the trail... He kept creeping through the flora until he same upon a small pile of droppings. He raised his hand over it and conjured his Void magic, destroying what this animal had left behind and extracting the very essence of the animal. Using this essence, Inurem used it to lead his way to where this hare currently was. It was only a few minutes later that he slowed his approach and slowly moved into a bush, for his prey was not too far from the other side. He notched an arrow to the string of his bow and imbued the tracking essence into the arrow, thus guiding it to it's prey. He pulled the string taut and released the arrow with a small smirk as it flew straight to the hare. Dinner tasted all the sweeter that night.

When your magic is considered the very essence of everything and nothing, a magic that specializes in a new way of destruction that one cannot even begin to fathom... What would you do with it...
Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:19 am
nice work! welcome aboard. ill get everything caught up in the morrow/early afternoon tomorrow.
Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:36 pm
Just let me know when you're ready for me to post

Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:19 am
Is the rp dead?
Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:39 pm
I dont think its dead. I havent been able to post because i got busy with work n kids. Im working on a post today. Ill poke rarukai into getting a move on with his character.
Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:47 pm
poke, huh? no ive just been busy. my youngest has been home sick for a few days...

Guy, you can go ahead and post yourself waking up in the woods near the clearing just like everyone else has... well start you in from there.

btw, everyone has an idea of how they want their character to run, and how much involvement i should have, just so i dont step on any toes, if i take more control than you like, just pm me n let me know.

CURRENT STATS ARE ALL UP TO DATE AS OF 3/10

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:12 pm
aww, I'm sorry to hear about your sick little one - I hope he or she feels better soon!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> OOC Threads [Nov.'19] All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3