A Common Quest
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, , 2, 3, 4  Next
Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:13 pm
Jerk tolerance is gained by working retail these days... or just going outside.
XD

Nah, I feel like I actually get less tolerant of jerks every year. Like...at work, I use a cold politeness with them becaise I can't day what I want to, and outside of work, I just ignore them and walk away because they're not even worth a response.

Defender of the Realm
Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:29 pm
I can't believe how many morons have been attacking retail sales people. . .there is no reason for for without the retail people, they would have starved, been without TP for months. . I can't believe some of the things I saw.

I saw an old lady mask-shaming people, while not wearing her mask properly (she had her nose exposed). . .I saw one many screaming because the cashier had his mask pulled down, even though he was behind plexiglas and he could have chosen to go to a different cashier; not mention all those complaining about being limited in purchases for items. . .

To me, the retail people are the unsung heroes of this pandemic.

Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:05 pm
Forget the pandemic. People have been jerks and **** long before it came around.

Thankfully the worst I get is mask shaming and people getting **** because they left their coupons at home and we don't have any copies in store to use or because they couldn't use their coupons on stuff that's already on sale or clearance.
The joys of a fabric store.

And back when I worked at the grocery store, I had a woman go on a big rant and yell at me because I carded her for alcohol every time she was in (which we were legally required to do even though we had some regulars that we didn't bother with because we knew them and that they were old enough). And I was so stunned and scared that I couldn't even move, let alone call a manager up, so I basically just had to stand there with her yelling at me for several minutes until she finally left.
I was literally shaking.

Defender of the Realm
Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:11 pm
I can honestly say, I did see something I had never seen before the pandemic and that was many stores ran out of fabric. . .we had so many people making masks and personal PPE's the fabric stores here couldn't keep up.

And I know people have been jerks before the pandemic, it just seems that the pandemic magnified the attitudes of those jerks.

Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:44 pm
Thankfully the store I work at hasn't run out of fabric, though we have gotten lower than normal in a lot of areas. Still not too empty though. But the cottons (for masks) probably take up over 1/4 of the store. And also the area I live has a lower population density than most also.
But we did run out of a few things. Elastic, white and black thread, black cotton.

Defender of the Realm
Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:50 pm
Kaderin Triste wrote:
And back when I worked at the grocery store, I had a woman go on a big rant and yell at me because I carded her for alcohol every time she was in (which we were legally required to do even though we had some regulars that we didn't bother with because we knew them and that they were old enough). And I was so stunned and scared that I couldn't even move, let alone call a manager up, so I basically just had to stand there with her yelling at me for several minutes until she finally left.
I was literally shaking.

I know what you mean, I worked at a 7-11 for awhile and we would get customers like that. . .we would explain that it was the law and if we didn't check, we could lose are jobs. . .they didn't care. . .although I did have a sheriff's deputy walk in while one of these conversations (screaming lunatic) was going on. So I asked the deputy what would happen if I sold it without checking an ID. . .she said I actually could be arrested. . .amazingly, that time, the lunatic shut up and showed me his ID.

There really is no excuse for that kind of abuse.
-------------

I forgot, elastic was another thing that most ran out of, too

Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:03 pm
Yeesh, I can't imagine dealing with stuff like that on a regular basis.
It's absolutely uncalled for and the reason that I firmly believe that everyone should be required to work at least 3 months of retail.

I'm kinda glad it only happened once to me. Usually the worst I'd get other than that were people getting upset because I wouldn't take their expired coupons or trying to return open, used food that they bought over a month ago for a refund because it was moldy.

Yep, elastic and then bias tape and also pipe cleaners and floral wire for the nose bits.

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:17 pm
*throws rotten tomatoes at pictures of rude people*

To be honest, I'd rather deal with rude customers than cruddy coworkers though. Rude customers leave but you're stuck with mean coworkers.
Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:28 pm
Good luck with your quest!
Sent you a little something to help get you started. :]

Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:51 pm
Rayven, that is very true!

MungoBoo Oh my goodnes! Thank you! Tbh, that should get me the last of the items in the Underwear category of the shop. XD

I'll have to start getting my next category ready and actually updated as an item lost soon! XD

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:44 pm
Boo is a great donator. She's helped me out many times. Heart
Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:22 pm
No problem! Happy to help cover those hindies. XD

@ Rayven- I LOVE your avatar o: Didn't realize we had some of those rainbow items.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:31 pm
Thanks, Boo. Very Happy I just bought the eyes and pendant and I was in a hurry to use them. XD

Queen of the Realm
Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:54 pm
How goes the questing, Kaderin?

Hey Boo! How have you been?
Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:45 pm
I've been lazy and haven't finished buying them yet, but the Underwear section should be all acquired.
XD
Page 3 of 4