2019 Personal Reading List
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, , 4, 5, 6  Next
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:18 am
*drops this here* ... just something I ran across and thought a couple of you might appreciate:

Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:06 am
Oooh, that sounds like fun!

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:37 am
That looks like a good idea for varied reading topics. I'll have to see if I can find a larger version, coz I can't really read that clearly. XD
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
Riley: Bo, the Goat Whisperer. XD
9018/10000
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:00 pm
Yeah, I have no idea why it's so small... I did a quick search though, and found a larger version. It does look like a fun list, doesn't it?

Happy reading! Yes
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:33 pm
Yay! Another book I've been waiting for is coming out in May! And I'm much closer on the waiting list this time, lol. Last book I was waiting for, I was number 52. Now I'm number 17. XD

Queen of the Realm
Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:28 pm
What book are you waiting to come out, Riley?
bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:15 am
So, I'll be getting this book in the next week, Illustrated Guide to Viking Martial Arts, and I ordered it either just before Christmas or just after. I'm looking at that list and wondering what I can cross off the list. XD

https://www.dymocks.com.au/book/illustrated-guide-to-viking-martial-arts-by-antony-cummins-9780750967457
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
9018/10000
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:55 pm
OMG Bo... you'll have to let me know what you think of this book! My youngest would have a field day with it, I'm sure!
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:05 pm
Queen Blaze - Storm Cursed by Patricia Briggs. I wish I hadn't read through her Mercy Thompson series so quickly, so I'm happy to see another one published. I've been slowly working my way through her Alpha and Omega series.

Bo - Yes, report back to us. Very Happy That looks like all kinds of awesome!

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:44 pm
I am absolutely looking forward to getting this book. It's just really annoying that they have it on their website...but it has taken so damn long for it to be ordered in. I'm guessing for a book published in 2016, it must not be very popular or well known. I will let you guys know what I think of it when I get it. Yes
9018/10000
LillieRose

Knight of Zantarni
Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:42 pm
Hey guys, do you know about the website, Book Depository?

Millions of books available, really good prices, free shipping worldwide.

Here's Bo's book on there.
https://www.bookdepository.com/Illustrated-Guide-Viking-Martial-Arts-Antony-Cummins/9780750967457?ref=grid-view&qid=1554320421211&sr=1-3

The books are shipped from either the UK or Australia, if I remember correctly.

I ordered some books off there and granted, it did take two weeks to arrive but the price was so worth it, given that I couldn't find those books available in print anywhere else in NZ.

Hopefully, my fellow bookworms will find this website useful. :3

Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:47 pm
I didn't know about that one. I use Half Price Books; they have a website, but the physical store is a few minutes from my house, and they sell used books for good prices.

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:29 pm
I think I found an out of print copy of a book written in the 70's or 80's about the Moor Murders on that site. I noticed it says dispatches in 2 working days. I don't believe that. XD

I have also used Booktopia in the past, and according to them, it'll take 7-10 days before the book ships. XD

https://www.booktopia.com.au/illustrated-guide-to-viking-martial-arts-antony-cummins/prod9780750967457.html

But if I REALLY want a book, I tend to check around online first. Booktopia actually said back in December that it would take a few weeks, which is why I went to my physical book store to order it. XD
9018/10000
LillieRose

Knight of Zantarni
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:44 am
Oh, that's great Riley. :3

I love paper books but unfortunately, not a lot of storage in the house with 6 people. This is why I have a Kindle. But I miss the smell of paper books, so I go on a tangent once in a while and buy a paper book. XD

But for that, I just go to the local bookstore (which does have a second hand book section) or use Book Depository if I want a nice hardback copy that will be worth the money spent.

Bo: For my order, the books I was after were published early 2000s and they shipped in two days, as promised. And delivered 10 working days later, as promised. I was very happy with the service. :3

Granted, this was my first experience and as I said, I don't tend to buy paper copies of books so much nowadays.

But I would definitely use it again, if there was a book that I couldn't find locally.

There is also ABEBooks, that I have not used but my friends have and highly recommend it. It's a website for book collectors who want to re-sell their books, art, collectibles, etc. Like I said, I haven't used it but maybe worth a try if you are after something hard to find.

Aaaaand, I will stop with the bookseller websites now. XD

bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:04 am
I actually got a textbook for uni via ABEBooks, was the ONLY place I could find it and I didn't bloody need it in the end lol.

I typically try to order books through my local, especially if they are "easy" to find or super recent or a pre-order of something not out yet, just to support my local bookstore really and keep people in jobs. Although when I ordered in my book, the chick who was putting the order in, her facial expression was all, "WTF kind of book is this and why the hell would anyone want to buy it?" Meanwhile I'm standing across from her with an eyebrow raised thinking that she REALLY needs to work on her customer service facial expression. Laughing

EDIT!!!!!

I GOT MY BOOK!

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd I'm already disappointed by the..."illustrated" part of the book. Rolling Eyes

I'll take a picture and share it later.
9018/10000
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Entertainment All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, , 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6