2019 Personal Reading List
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, , 4, 5, 6  Next
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:56 pm
Riley wrote:
... I keep buying ebooks but not reading them. :/

Yeah, I have a few like that too XD I'm really trying to not buy more books until I read some of the ones I already have. It's a difficult thing. Yes XD
LillieRose

Knight of Zantarni
Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:57 pm
Riley wrote:
I haven't been reading as much lately. But Amazon Kindle keeps sending me deal alerts on my phone. So I keep buying ebooks but not reading them. :/

I completely relate. XD

Especially since I'm signed up on Bookbub and they are sending me daily emails with deals, including free books as well.

It's hard to resist the temptation.

bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:54 pm
Finished reading Past Mortem in a few hours. Now I can return the book, which needs to be returned on Monday anyways lol. It was an interesting read. Confused
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
Riley: Bo, the Goat Whisperer. XD
9018/10000
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:25 pm
And just last night, I was reminded that my Amazon Kindle credit was going to expire today......whelp, just got another new book. XD

But I did finish one last night, so I guess there is that. I've been taking my books with me to work and have been reading on my lunch break. The new job keeps me busier than the last one, so less reading time overall. Sadness.
Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:16 am
I'm also going for the 50-A-Year challenge, but I'm a bit embarrassed since most of my list is manga... Embarassed

Currently:
School of Horns vol 1
My Pathetic Vampire Life vol 2
Hanako and the Terror of Allegory vol 1

And currently, I'm reading a Kindle copy of Going Postal by Terry Pratchett. It's taken me a while (since December, actually...) but I'm scared to finish it because it's so good. I know usually people read the books they like faster, but I'm the other way round. I want to savour it, you know?

After that, I have a very large backlog that I'd like to chip away at before the year is over. I'm thinking either one of the other Discworld books I have or some of the manga and comic trades I have laying about.

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:31 am
I don't think there are any embarrassing books...except for maybe the Twilight and 50 Shades of Grey books. Laughing
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
9018/10000
Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:51 pm
That's true, I suppose.

Does anyone use Goodreads for their challenge? I've found having the app on hand makes me a lot more inclined to finish my challenge, since it can tell me how likely I am to actually finish it every time I update it.

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:16 pm
I use Goodreads too. I like how it tells me if I'm on track to finish on time, and if not, it tells me how many books I'm behind.

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:36 pm
I used Goodreads to list all the books I had ever read. Don't use it now. Kept getting spammy emails from them.

I wonder if I should add my Genki textbook to the list, because I am sure I will read it from cover to cover a few times before semester is over. Laughing

Edit:

*makes note* Not Bad People by Brandy Scott
9018/10000
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:40 am
You can unsubscribe from the emails and still keep your account. I go through my emails periodically and unsubscribe from a bunch of things.

When I was getting my WOC certification, I added every chapter of the textbooks I read. Yes My thought was that it was taking away from what I actually wanted to read, so it counted. XD

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:35 am
Oh, I unsubscribed from EVERYTHING. Still ended up getting random emails. thunk

I may start it up again one year. Ninja
9018/10000
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:54 pm
That's frustrating. That's mostly why I keep an old email address around. So that kind of junk doesn't clutter up my real email.

I am really slacking on my book reading. Do not like. No

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:39 am
I've slacked off as well. I've needed to concentrate on other things...that I haven't even done any work on. thunk Wah!
9018/10000
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:50 am
... and we appear to have a theme! I haven't been reading quite as much recently either - partly because of other things have been needing my time and attention more and because instead of "reading" I've been doing more "studying/reviewing" ... and that type of thing doesn't quite feel like "reading" to me. That said, I am still making progress on rereading American Gods by Neil Gaiman - just in shorter intervals and not quite as regularly as usual. Neutral
bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:11 am
I had to drop Japanese. It was too much of too much. Plus if I want to learn it, I will just utilise an app like I have for other languages that I have started learning, like Chinese and Dutch. Yes

And attempting to learn Russian...Da is all I can say. XD
9018/10000
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Entertainment All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, , 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6