2016 Reading List
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Entertainment [Nov.'19]

Are you going to read this year?
Yes! Dozens of books!
70%
 70%  [ 7 ]
Maybe one or two books.
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Nope.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Read? What's this reading you speak of?
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Sun May 01, 2016 11:37 pm
I do that too, Riley... then eventually get tired of juggling two books, and end up just picking one semi-randomly to finish so that I can then finish the other... and go on to others...

I used to love reading on the train, Bo... kinda miss it, actually.

Now that I'm done teaching class for the semester, I'm actually reading things that don't involve William Shakespeare. It's a nice change of pace Yes *trots off to update her reading list*

Mon May 16, 2016 12:36 am
Star's 2016 Reading List
1. Just One More Thing, Peter Falk
2. George, Alex Gino
3. The Isles of the Blest, Morgan Llywelyn
4. The Third Eye, Lois Duncan
5. Midnight Stranger - Volume 1, Bohra Naono
6. The Chronicles of Prydain Book 1: The Book of Three, Lloyd Alexander
7. Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing, by Judy Blume

Right now I'm reading 11.22.63 by Stephen King.
bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:52 pm
Bo really needs to get a wriggle on with the reading side of things. Bo is hoping to start and almost finish a book on Saturday. It's an interesting book on Fibromyalgia written by a doctor who has it. So hopefully it can give me some answers on how to better manage this hell. Yes
Riley: Bo, the Goat Whisperer. XD
Blaze: Bo, you're just chaotic... Razz Heart
9695/10000
LillieRose

Knight of Zantarni
Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:44 pm
Lillie went and got herself a Kindle (FINALLY!).

I need suggestions for reading material. :3

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:27 pm
Bo recommends The Ranger's Apprentice series by John Flanagan. 12 books in total. He also has another series Brotherband, so far...6 books I think. And then there is a prelude to the RA books that is out with a second on the way at some point. It's a young adult book if you don't have any objections to that theme.

Jeffrey Archer has written a few interesting books. I enjoyed Cat O Nine Tales, it has a bunch of short stories in it.

James Twining has written a few interesting books. It is about an art thief and some history is thrown in...of course because he is an art thief...der Bo! >.>

The Redwall series of books is fascinating to read. It's by Brian Jacques and revolves around animals and some of it can be confusing because you have to take time to translate the heavy accents that he manages to work in with the different animals and the different regions they come from.

And final suggestion for tonight...or rather this morning, Anne McCaffrey and the world of Pern. It has dragons in it. ^_^
9695/10000
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:30 am
I just completed my reading goal for the year! Now that I'm not in school anymore, it was much easier. Though, not that I'm going to stop reading, it is nice to complete a goal.

That being said, The Pet Sematary was the last book I finished, and I will say, Stephen King knows how to creep me out.
bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:21 am
Oh yeah, that book is more than just a little bit creepy. Shocked
9695/10000
WishingMoon

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:43 pm
The first time I read Pet Sematary I stopped half way through because I got board.

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:10 pm
My first Stephen King book was 'Salem's Lot. The first time I attempted it, I stopped because I was board. Some time after, I tried again, and it was very slow going. I kept at it only because I had friends reassuring me that it was worth it. I ended up finishing the last quarter in one sitting, while I should have been sleeping. I admire the way he has with building suspense and pulling small details together. It was creepy and I loved it.

The Pet Sematary is probably the scariest book I have read thus far. Though, I don't read a lot of horror or suspense. I like my fantasy books XD

A friend suggested The Talisman for my next King book.
WishingMoon

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:19 pm
I personally don't read Stephen King to get scared. The only one I found scary at all was Gerald's Game. Not one of his most well-known for sure.

Oh my roommate is a sweetheart. She is selling me the books I need for my lit class cheap. This will likely be the only lit class I actually finish the readings for.

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:35 pm
I have Gerald's Game on my bookshelf, in the "to read" section. Not sure if I will actually read it though.

That's nice of her =) Sounds like you have a lot of reading assignments @.@
WishingMoon

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:47 pm
I would recommend it, tis my favorite of his.

I have 8 books for lit, 4 textbooks for History, 2 for my ed classes, and I also have a research assignment with 20 sources and 2 group members not really doing ****. Since at least 6? of those sources need to be books.....

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:50 pm
Oh my word...Moon, how do you stay sane?!
I'm pretty familiar with group members not contributing as well. And I've had teachers and professors responding with, "Not my problem" all the way to "It won't affect your grade, don't worry about it." I hate group projects.
WishingMoon

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:55 pm
I drink coffee while going on long walks. I also trust myself to do what is necessary.

I don't mind doing a lot of the work the problem I have is the quality control. I'm at the point I expect 80-90% of my graded work to be A's.

Knight of Zantarni
Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:44 pm
I did greatly enjoy Stephen King's The Talisman, it's definitely a well written suspense horror with a fairly young protagonist.

I like his Dark Tower series the most, I am very excited to watch the mini series that's coming up.

I have just started reading Erika Jonansen's The Queen of the Tearling, I am on the second book already and can't wait for the third one to come out.

I started reading this one because I saw a pinterest board with recommendations for titles which would appeal to Harry Potter fans. I must say, I am pleasantly surprised by this series. I finished the first book in a day. Halfway through the second book now and the third book is coming out mid-November, so yay!

If you like utopian, coming of age novels with a dash of sf and fantasy, you will like The Queen of the Tearling.

I also read through the School of Good and Evil trilogy, quite liked it but found it a bit slow paced.

Not sure what else I could recommend at this point, I will keep you posted. :3

Page 2 of 3