2015 Reading List
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, , 2, 3, 4  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Entertainment [Nov.'19]
Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:21 am
Here, maybe this will motivate me to read a bit more:

What I've read so far:

1. Being Mortal by Atul Gawande
2. The Art of Stillness: Adventures in Going Nowhere by Pico Iyer
3. In My Own Hearts Blood by Diana Gabaldon
4. Holy Cow by David Duchovny
5. Asylum by Madeleine Roux
6. Sanctum by Madeleine Roux
7. Agatha H and the Airship City by Phil and Kaja Foglio
8. Boneshaker by Cherie Priest
9. Undeniable by Bill Nye (Yes, the Science Guy. XD)
10. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
11. Hollow City (Book 2 to the above) by Ransom Riggs
12. Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman (technically for 6-8 year, but it's charming and well written and I urge EVERYONE to read it! XD)
13. Invasion of the Tearling (Book 2) by Deckle Edge
14. The Queen of the Tearling (Book 1) by Deckle Edge
15. Horrorstör by Grady Hendrix
16. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

What I'm reading now:

The Walking Dead Psychology: Psych of the Living Dead
by John Russo (Foreword), Travis Langley (Editor)

Up Next:

Exclamation A Court of Thorns and Roses By Sarah J. Maas

Exclamation The Brain's Way of Healing by Norman Doidge (I will get to this!!)

Last edited by Tisiel on Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:06 pm; edited 7 times in total
Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:27 am
I'm going to try this again, although I always forget to update. (Started 3/19)

1. Towering by Alex Flinn
2. Dreamwood by Heather Mackey
3. Have Courage, Be Kind: The Tale of Cinderella by Brittany Candau
4.Slathbog's Gold by M.L. Forman

Last edited by shadowfoot on Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Phoenix Luna Blaze Cloud

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:32 pm
Let's see if I can actually do what I say I want to this year.

Harry Potter (All 7)
The Hunger Games
Catching Fire
Mockingjay
Lord of the Rings and some related books (I'm feeling ambitions this year!)

If I survive this maybe something else too!
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:42 am
Good luck!
I added you all to the first post :3
Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:08 am

I don't really have a goal of a number of books to read, I read a ton so I thought this might be a great way to keep track of what I have read through the year if I may.

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:37 pm
Of course!
Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:10 am

Yay! I love finding new things to read and sharing great books that I've read.

Nadia Scrieva books: I love love love this series
Drowning Mermaids
Fathoms of Forgiveness
Boundless Sea
Abyssal Zone
Tides of Tranquillity
Malestrom
'Poisoned Waters' -waiting for this book

Jeff Lindsay books: Love the 'Dexter' story, worth the read but in this case (I can't believe I'm saying this) *gasp* the T.V. show writers had a better overall view of the characters and IMO the show was way better than the books, and I never say that. This is the one case that's true.
Darkly Dreaming Dexter
Dearly Devoted Dexter
Dexter by Design
Dexter is Delicious
Double Dexter
Dexter' s Final Cut

John Green:
The Fault in our Stars

Keith Soares:
The Oasis of Filth

Veronica Roth: Not posting spoilers but I do have to say that there are a few mistakes in this story line that I picked up on. At the end of book one into two is a small glitch, and again at the end of book two into three, another small hiccup in the story line. After finishing it (and while reading) IMO I found a fatal flaw in the story and while I believe this story has crazy potential, I'm not quite sure it's all a seamless set, like it should be.
Divergent
Insurgent
Allegaint

Z.L. Arkadie:
Parched
Quenched
The Seventh Sister

B.C. Burgess:
Descension
Deception
Impassion
Retribution
Destruction

Suzanne Collins:
The Hunger Games
Catching Fire
Mockingjay

Cameron Jace: - such great reads if you like twisted versions of the fairy tales we grew up with, with some historic 'urban' legends in the mix. Fascinating.
Grimm Diary Prequels 1-16
Snow White Sorrow
Cinderella Dressed in Ashes
Blood, Milk, and Chocolate -getting this one soon

Margaret Mitchell:
Gone with the Wind *favorite book of all time. Just reread it a few weeks ago for probably the 15th time.

Sorry if there are any typos... working on this on my kindle and it has a mind of its own lol. I have more books to add that I have read this year but I'm tired of dealing with the kindle tonight.

Riley wrote:

[2] Moon Called by Patricia Briggs
[3] Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs
[4] Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs

Got my interest so I looked them up. Soooo need to add money to my Amazon account. Now my need to read just got some new additions. Thanks Wink

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:39 am
Glad I could contribute to you're "to-read" list XD
Divergent is on my list for sure; the other two depend on if Divergent keeps my interest :3

I have way to many books I want to read, lol
Is that a legit profession? Could I just read books for a living? ^^
Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:13 am

Hah! I wish! Sign me up =) I seriously love my kindle because of all the free books, but then of course I get sucked into new series all the time that end up costing a bunch but so worth it. I love to read, I would be so happy reading for a living. Hunger Games set in two days. Hubby was like 'Didn't you just buy books?' Lol. I just love to read.

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:16 pm
My hubby bought me a Nook awhile back; I've set it up so that I can check ebooks out of the library. Free books!!! I've grown a little more picky about buying books. Often times, I read them once, and then they sit on a shelf forever. There are only a few books that I've read multiple times. I've been meaning to take some of my books to a Bookworm for store credit.
WishingMoon

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:24 pm
I buy books at a thrift store that sell them for 10 cents. Which is a price I can't turn down and it explains why I have 4 bookshelves in my room.

I'm currently reading Silent night by stanley weintraub for a school assignment and I won't recommend it.

Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:05 pm
Ok, so I finished "Holy Cow". It was... interesting. You're pretty well beaten over the head with the moral of this modern day fairytale throughout the book. But oddly, it's still a fun read: It's how the heroes of the story manage to make their point that is both novel and funny in a charming kind of way.

And it's a very fast read. Counting a near full day of interruptions, I managed to finish reading it within 2 days.

My next book will be "Asylum" by Madeleine Roux. It's a teen book, the choice was for product knowledge purposes. I'm suspecting it'll be a blast from the past for me as that genre was a favorite of mine at that age. XD

Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:39 pm
I've only read 8 books so far this year, so disappointing. I have started quite a few books but have yet to finish them Sad
Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:01 am
I just finished The Alchemyst by Michael Scott last night. It was really good, I can't wait to read the rest.

I can't believe I read my first book of 2015 and it is almost April. D: I feel ashamed!!

I have to read all this stuff I don't want to for college, and that takes up my time. xP I have sooo many books I need to read though.

I also want to find some more good queer literature.. I read two great books last year involving lesbians and I really loved them. They incorporated fairy tale and mythological elements, it was so awesome. Sappho's Fables (vol 1) by Elora Bishop and her wife Jennifer Diemer, and then The Dark Wife by Sarah Diemer (AKA Elora Bishop).

Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:14 pm
Alrighty, I got through Asylum. It's not a bad read, as far as teen books go. It had the appropriate amount of spooky going on to keep you going, and it was left on a cliffhanger, so now I HAVE to read the sequel, "Sanctum", to see how the story ends. Rolling Eyes Razzzz

The book was very typical of it's genre, and it's age group (teenage angst anyone?). The only think I was really disappointed about what how utterly one dimensional the characters were, but considering the length of the book, I probably should have expected that.

I'm hoping Madeline Roux develops them a bit more in the next book.

Page 2 of 4